Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 27

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My sister has some interesting fungus growing in her yard. Doesn't look like that though. I would LOVE to be present when a mushroom starts to grow. They must grow fast - like fast enough to see - b/c we can go shroom hunting (morells) in the morning and see none, but later that afternoon, check the exact same spot and find a motherload of yummy mushrooms.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    I found just the vid for you then!

How long did those take to actually grow? Mushrooms are so cool.

not sure Jenn, but I thought it was cool.

Am still keeping on with this PB thing. Doubtful that will ever change now that I've seen improvements. My wrist still hurts to do kb swings and I only could handle 10 minutes of it today before serious pain. Very aggravating. I can still do traditional weightlifting though and continue that. I think I'm going to need heavier dumbbells soon. Oy. Continuing to walk 5 miles two or three times a week.

Sleep is still hit or miss. Most nights I wake up for a couple hours and then go back to sleep eventually. It's very frustrating and happens regardless of food intake, alcohol intake or exercise. Some nights I take melatonin and it still happens. I'm still not using electronic devices past 9pm and trying to read by a warmer light, but it still happens. It's about the only part of the PB that is not working for me at all.

I've been reading a ton, but not in the nutrition/diet/health area because I'm pretty much overloaded on that. And I've dropped a lot of blogs and posting here because it got all too much. It's like religious mania in some spheres and I had to step away. Other than a few tweaks like incorporating more fat in place of other calories, what I'm doing works for me and I don't need to dwell on minutiae. The paleo drama is good for laughs though, but the extreme polarization and in-fighting is ridiculous.

We're taking delivery of 1/2 a pig and 1/2 a cow this fall and we've signed up for a late season CSA share and so trips to the grocery store are quick and painless. As a result, I had almost no bags for cat litter scoopage...ha! An unexpected result of fewer things to buy at the store. Ah, cats and their poop. Good thing they're so handsome.

what kind of cat do you have? We have a Maine Coon. She's a different bird all together... she's psycho spazzy in the morning and can go from content and happy to slashing my kids' eyes out in a matter of milliseconds. But, she kills mice and eats bugs... She caught a fly in mid-flight yesterday and swallowed it down. I need to get her declawed, but that's not in the budget as of yet...

ewww. I hate it when my other cat (Larry) eats bugs. It gives me the creeps. Gak.

Both the boys are from shelters (different ones) and I have no idea what they are breedwise, although Thomas is either all Maine Coon or mostly. The tips of his ears are gone due to an incident of frostbite before he landed at the shelter, so those long silky tufts aren't there, but he has a lot of the other MC hallmarks; markings/coat, tiny voice/meow, big feet, that ruff and lots of fur between his toes.

oh and my bras don't fit and my wedding ring is back to being wicked loose, like it was when we first bought it. Funny.

Mine is a shelter Coon too. She's got all those same markings. I met a Maine Coon once that was a light grey tiger stripe with short hair... but he was HUGE and bred as a coon. That was my first experience with a MC and what I thought they all looked like so I was taken aback when Brinn was long hair and black striped. She's a lovey cat though. Very friendly unless you're one of my kids or she holds a grudge against you for something. Brad once thumped her for scratching or biting our daughter and she hasn't really liked him since. And she LOVES to be outside... if we're not careful, she'll slip right between our feet when we open the door - there have been nights when she's had to stay out all night b/c she wouldn't come back when called. *shrug* Cats will be cats.

I'm having the same problem in the bra and ring arena...

funny, Thomas has no interest in actually going outside. He looks out windows and follows patches of sun around the house, but never tries going out. Interesting that yours is lovey, too, Thomas is very gentle and affectionate. Bad about the grudge though and the sneaking out all night. My old Chuck (deceased) used to do the same thing sometimes; if you tried to catch him he'd lead you a merry chase. Even ignored the food bowl being rattled. Bratty cats.

When I wear another ring with my wedding, it stays on firmly, but alone it wiggles. It won't slip past my knuckle though, so I never got it sized. The bra thing is more irritating since I don't want to spend $ on something I know won't fit soon anyway. Maybe I've got some old ones somewhere that might still fit. Ha. There are worse problems to have I guess. : )

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cats are bratty!

My ring just spins on my finger. Drives me nuts when I'm typing. Today I must be retaining a bit of water b/c it's fitting nicely. lol

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast