Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 25

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just out of curiosity, I estimated (roughly) how much I ate for lunch in regard to the ribs (I said half a pound b/c I made just over a pound of ribs and I ate them all between two meals) I made last night.

My current count for today (including dinner) is as follows:

Calories: 1806
    Carbs: 54
    Fat: 128
    Protein: 83

Need to up my protein and lower my fat, it seems. Good to know. But, I also had pork spare ribs for lunch today (like half a pound of them and of course, that contributes to the higher fat content)

Yep... definitely the ribs. Tomorrow is looking much better. Not even breaking 1500 calories tomorrow.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain, DCarr. My husband is lucky he's stayed roughly the same size for the last 25 years or so and didn't gain much recently so could still wear all his clothes. Granted, his pants were tighter, but they fit and he didn't have to buy new stuff. Unlike me. Strangely I kept a lot of what no longer fits me even though I was never successful at losing weight before now. I guess I just couldn't let go of the hope that one day...

My husband has gone from a 2x to a 4x in 9 years... Hopefully before too long he'll get with the program and drop to a 1x like his dad.

ouch. hopefully he does, Jenn. My hubby is an ectomorphic bodybuilder/runner from a body type/exercise perspective, so it takes a lot for him to put on weight, but he did and the minute he went over 200lbs, he looked seriously at paleo and then at Mark's site and we came on board. He's pretty vain about his appearance and so it's not surprising to me that he reacted so intensely. Unfortunately it came late in my weight gain and I've got a longer way to go than he did. We'll get there together though and I hope that Brad joins you, too. I just can't imagine trying to do this without him, especially because he's the cook!

Luckily, I'm the cook in our family, so I can do it with or without him. I'd say that right now, he's about 67% paleo... and I say this b/c I know his dinners are Paleo and his breakfast likely is b/c he's an eggs and bacon kind of guy. Lunch, unless it's leftovers from dinner, is up in the air. I guess if he's eating my leftovers for lunch, he could be closer to 80/20 than I think... but I know he allows a lot of treats that are so no paleo (pudding packs, ice cream, water with flavor powders added, freezer pops, etc).

Heck, now that I think about it, he's doing pretty good if his 3 main meals are Paleo... SCORE! <3

I think being the cook automatically gives you a lot of control and that's a good thing. Snacking is so hard a habit to break. It really is. I have to have little talks with myself when I have the urge to eat between meals. Am I eating because I'm weak/extremely hungry? Can I wait until my next meal? Am I just reacting to the time of day? Any yes answer means I don't eat just then, but it's a conscious decision.

Once again dinner foiled my efforts to track macronutrients so I just guessed. Still, the day ended up at 1600 and some change. My heaviest calorie day of the week so far. It was my little afternoon snack that did it, but I was wicked hungry and it was 2 hours until dinner so I had it. Plus I find that an exercise day does put my appetite on alert, so there was that, too. Today I mowed my massively overgrown lawn so that oughta count!

On a sadder note, I tried on the red dress today and alas, it is not going to work out for the wedding on Saturday. Maybe if I'd started this WOE 1-2 months earlier, but that goal will not be met at this point. Sigh. Fat girl clothes it is. At least I have the gift wrapped. Just have to remember to actually take the damn thing with us. I got them a set of Lenox stemless wine glasses. They're heftier than my Riedels and were a decent price.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I also have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I was hoping to get into a smaller pair of pants but it ain't happening either...

Also both the Bride (my niece) and her Groom are vegetarians. So eating primally will be a challenge. I am planning to make beef jerky with my new dehydrator, so if it turns out edible I may have to stuff my pockets with sustinence...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I don't think our couple are Vs, but there was a V option on the dinner request card thingie...as well as any special notes about food. We said no grain, no sugar, lots of meat! I bet they were a bit puzzled.

Jerky is a great options. We've been making our own for years (long before Primal), but now we think it will be a staple in the fall/winter when it cools off enough to run the darn thing.

We got through the wedding fine. Ate cheese and veggies and the awful steak; avoided beer and bread. No sweat.

My week of tracking food revealed that I eat less than I thought I did, at least calorie-wise. Even with wine I didn't break 2000 calories for any day. Also I'm doing well from a carb/protein/fat perspective. Phew. My natural portioning works to both keep me from overeating and doesn't feel like deprivation. I'm a well-fed person, not starving, not obsessing. Nice. But the tracking part totally sucks. I hate weighing and measuring so I'm not going to do it anymore.

I'm continuing to shrink though and that's the important part. I remember trying on some shorts when I pulled out all my summer clothes in May and putting them on the 'can't wear' pile. They fit now. Amazing. At the wedding I felt almost like my old self again and not the fat cow that I have been feeling like. I could feel it in my stance, my walk, my mental buoyancy. Strange how I hadn't felt the absence much. Mid-September I'll be in California for a vacation and probably can find a scale in the hotel gym again and see what's changed since the scale in Ohio last month. Am also anxious to visit my docs in October to see officially how much weight has come off according to their scales. I wonder if anyone will comment.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It will be disappointing if no one notices the losses you've worked so hard for! I hope they notice and that they comment.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast