Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 2

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome to the tribe, June! It sounds like you're off to a great start! I'm going to subscribe to your thread so I can follow you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    thanks Jenn. It seems like the tribe for me. I haven't read the book (it should arrive today), but I've read a lot of the website and articles so I think I get it pretty well. So far, no carb flu, but hubby was spacey yesterday. Hopefully it passes for him soon.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

I'm doing a Whole30 right now (which is strict Primal plus no dairy) so I have a bit of a carb flu as I've cut out white potatoes which contributed a lot to my diet. It goes away.

cmlloyd Guest
    I am currently reading the book and am learning a lot more about myself in the process

And it took me a few to convince myself to quit the sweeteners I mean full on conversations. lol
    Last edited by cmlloyd; 06-05-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling again

Am reading the book now, too. Boy, he needed an editor. Typos galore. Other than that, it makes sense, but then again, the documentary I watched a few weeks ago about a plant based diet being the holy grail did, too. The proof will be in my results.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

cmlloyd Guest
    There are some typos, I agree. lol. But when he starts talking about the physiology of it all is when i get interested, and who ever he consulted about the way fats are processed in the body and the way carbs effect insulin levels and how that effects fat storage. it wasn't textbook, nor was it flawless, but it made for a better understanding of his point. I'm in school and am a self proclaimed late in life nerd. (per my son) lol

Slept well, but woke up too early and headachey.

5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

OK. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but either way after coffee and a mini-quiche I feel better.

I'm having a weird moment. I almost never eat this early (7:45 Eastern US) except for coffee and a couple Biscoffs (sob!) and I am resisting making a big breakfast now. What a freak. I'm starving and should just eat. Somehow 8:00 seems like a more reasonable time, so I'll write up last night's events.

Did not snack between lunch and dinner. VERY unusual. Except for a few pistachios I had while watching hubby make -

sauteed chicken breast w/red pepper, onion and pineapple salsa, mixed veggies (with corn) and spinach sauteed with a couple strips of bacon. As usual I had a couple glasses of wine. Chardonnay, but it's a hard habit to break and I love the stuff. Hey, I can't do everything at once.

Slept reasonably well, but woke frigging early (5:00) and starving.

Had a good talk w/husband over dinner and I think I finally understand the change from sugar burner to fat burner. I'm not a dope. I read and understood On the Origin of Species and other scientific books, but somehow this just eluded me. Hopefully I'm on my way to being a fat burner because OMFG do I have a lot to burn.

Am slightly frustrated and restless because it's been so rainy I haven't been out shooting in days. My camera is not weatherproof and so I have to handle it with care in rain. Today I have to take my mom to the doctor. That's a bit much, I'm accompanying my mom to the doctor, she's perfectly capable of shuttling herself around, she just wants me for company. Tomorrow I think I'll go shoot if it's not a downpour. Maybe find a waterfall that's off the beaten path that I've wanted to shoot for a while now.

I tend to obsess over any new thing for a while and so I'm obsessing over PB. I expect it to pass eventually like things always do. But right now I think about food, my clothes and whether I'm doing things optimally or not; or a close approximation anyway.

Are you sick of this coming up in the new posts section yet?

I ate. A full breakfast. This early. OMG. It's weird.

2 duck egg scramble w/orange pepper, cheddar & ham + 3 slices of bacon (lovely to nibble while making scramble)
    2 big spoonfuls greek yogurt & some homemade fruit salad (low fat, doh! we're so used to it we didn't even think when buying) and 8oz original V8 juice.

Done and done. I believe it when people say it takes a while for your brain to realize your stomach is full. I still feel hungry even though I know I can't possibly be. Funny.
    Last edited by June68; 06-06-2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: meal info
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Don't sweat the times. Eat when you're hungry. Even if before 8 am sounds too early, eat if your body is telling you to. One of the biggest things with Primal is listening to your body and doing as it says.

At my grocery store, they only have fat free greek yogurt. it's frustrating to say the least.

Your breakfast sounds delicious! I've never had duck eggs before. Do they taste like chicken?? why do we always compare food to chicken? lol mmmm... tastes like chicken! hahaha

Typos... yes. many. I sometimes rate credibility based on the number of typos in a book. I shouldn't. If the information is right, who cares if they left out a word or put a double word in (like and and)? The information is still the same. But, it's hard to get past the typos sometimes and I couldn't believe a book would get published with so many typos. Then I learned he self-published, which further affected his credibility with me, but his plan works, so he's been restored credibility.

I love photography and wish I had the equipment to be more than a hobbyist.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast