Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 14

cmlloyd Guest
    Shop Now
    Good I didn't want to freak you out, some people get touchy when we talk about woman things. lol. I really wish I could do the cleaning of the cupboard thing, but not lastnight hubby sat right in front of me and ate a whole pint of Chocolate peanut butter ice cream. It didn't bother me I don't like peanut butter, but I love ice cream and got my own version in the freezer. SF/FF made with coconut milk Pudding pops. I know the sweeteners are not primal, but I have done all but quit drinking beer - drink my coffee black - there are some nights you just want the freezy pop dammit. I do have Dark Chocolate, and I have yogurt made pops that I can revert to in these cases, and my resistance to the bad white stuff has been pretty easy after the first week or so. So good for you in your accomplishment. It's hard throwing out the stuff that once made you "think" you felt good. Bitter-sweet so to speak.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    My weakness isn't sweets, it's salt. Specifically salty/crispy. There's a dearth of salty/crispy on the PB. I'm not jonesing real bad yet, but I'm sure I'll get there. And I'm not ready to give up sweetener in my coffee. I've already eliminated a lot that I enjoyed eating and drinking and I'll be damned if I'm doing that to my coffee, too. Am wicked lucky in the fact that my husband and I are doing this together. I don't know how you do it with him not joining you, but I admire your resolve and your results!

Another PB side effect seems to be that we make more dirty dishes than ever and actually ran out of reusable plastic storage containers so we had to buy some. I guess real food will make you do that. I hate running out of forks though.

PDD | 2 oz Blantons bourbon on the rocks
    D | sauteed beet greens | NY strip | grilled asparagus | all with herbed butter | 08 Linne Calodo Slacker

Had another night of interrupted sleep. Seems that the ache in my hips has returned and it kept me up for some time. Between that and the stupid cats (which got the boot at some point) I couldn't get comfortable. Grr. I even had 2 naproxen in me.

Anyway, this morning (when husband wakes) we'll probably have something wonderful for breakfast and then get to cooking up some things for the week. He's having a go at making sausage (sans casing) and OO mayo for a chicken salad recipe I found in one of the PB cook books. Then see his dad at the rehab center and then on to my parents to hang, eat and drink. If my mom made my birthday strawberry rhubarb pie, I am eating it, crust be damned. It's the world's most perfect food after all. It should be a great day if the thunderstorms hold off.

Oh and yesterday while we had the bacon in the oven we also roasted the spaghetti squash seeds and even though it's a PITA to separate them out from the pulp, they were worth it. DELICIOUS!! It was all I could do to not eat all of them then and there!

ETA -
    B | almond flour 'pancakes' (a first) | 1/2 c or so ground pork 'sausage' | 5 strawberries
    S | cheese | handful pistachios
    Last edited by June68; 06-24-2012 at 10:49 AM.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Love that you womanned up and are working with a 16kg bell! I've used them for over 7 years and hate when women feel they can only use a 5-10 pounder! I've trained a 76 year old woman that used nothing lighter than an 18kg. Good that your husband is able to help with technique and you are right that you will know if your form is bad. I did swings as part of a workout with the hubby yesterday too. We set the timer for 20 minutes, then did 3 exercises. We alternated with one of us always doing 30 swings, I used a 32kg bell, then did ab wheel roll outs or 20 pound medicine ball slams until the other finished the 30 swings. It was short, sweet, and sweaty. do you think the hip achiness was related to the workout? he long walk and the swings? Hope to hear more good things on your training!

hey thanks, Kim. I'm pretty strong naturally (mesomorph) and have trained extensively with regular weights in the past, so I wasn't afraid of a heavy bell. Now I've started working with it, I'm even more sure that it's a good start. If I need more, my hubby has 2 that are heavier. I don't know what the hip ache is. i've always had a shitty back - I'm in pain all the time...well when I bend anyway. The hip thing is new in the last 1-2 years. And annoying.

PDD (w/family sharing a bottle) 09 Terry Hoage Bam Bam (grenache rose)
    D | grilled chicken, asparagus, zucchini & summer squash | 09 Hahn Malbec

OMG!!! How could I have forgotten????

I ATE STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE!!! WITH CRUST!!! AND I DID NOT DIE!

It was just one piece, but it was heaven. And so far, I feel fine. No reaction. Granted it's not a ton of pastry crust, but it is a wheat-based product.

Anyway, I just finished my coffee and am listening to an interview with Dr. Davis, the author of Wheat Belly. I've read in the blogosphere that this book is pretty controversial, but I was interested in hearing him a bit. He sounds like Casey Kasem's little brother.

oh and isn't this cool?

OK. Breakfast is down and a thunderstorm is moving through.

B | 2 hen eggs fried in butter and bacon fat | 2 bacon strips | 1 sauteed mushroom | 1c berries
    L | bigish salad w/steak
    Last edited by June68; 06-25-2012 at 10:23 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We had thunderstorms yesterday. BIG storms. Lots of lightning, thunder and rain. MUCH needed.

I wanna knock that domino thing over... lol

I don't usually have an issue with wheat until the next day. Good luck to you. I hope you don't react.

I've never used kettlebells. I think I'm a bit intimidated by them b/c I know there's a certain way they're supposed to be done to avoid injury and not all trainers are created equally.

Your hip pain... what does it feel like? I used to have hip pain until I started the PB.

Off to read your review of the Primal Blueprint now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love your review!! Great job.

Oh, and I read Bag of Bones. I can't wait to see what you think of it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

hey thanks. I've been reviewing for years and sort of do them well now and again.

the hip pain is a deep and uniform ache. it's really annoying and intense enough to wake me some nights. Last night was a reasonably good one though I did spend an hour or so awake.

At first I was intimidated by the kettlebell workout, too. The movement is quite odd at first, but with practice I'll get better. I'm reading a book my husband picked up a while ago by Tracy Reifkind that is pretty helpful with drills and beginning form instruction. I think she has videos as well, but I haven't watched them, just the two big guys in kb training - Pavel and Dan John.

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast