Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life page 12

June68 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bah. Was up for a couple hours during the night. No reason. Just was. Irritating. I almost got up, then started to nod off and had some fits and starts, then slept until about 7. Total sleep was probably in the 5 hours range.

Am battered and bruised from yesterday's spectacular fall. Stiff and sore in places I normally am not. Will have to remember to move around today to keep from seizing up entirely. It's going to be in the 90s today, so I'll probably stay in for at least some of it. Process some pics. Like this one from the tail end of my day in the woods yesterday -

It's shinleaf and my second time shooting it. It's named for the analgesic properties of the leaves that were used to treat bruises and abrasions, especially on the shins and thus the name. Probably should have picked some and made a poultice for my elbow!

Anwyay, here's my breakfast which is so fascinating...I feel funny listing my food now since it's repetitive, but whatev.

B | 2 hen eggs fried in butter & bacon fat | 1 bacon strip | 1/2 bratwurst | 2 sauteed mushrooms | 8oz V8 | berries

Continue to be amazed and my resilience, stamina and energy. It's hard to believe that I considered my carb-crashes and depletion normal; a product of aging. Now I know it doesn't have to be like that I'm even less tempted to include grains back into my diet. If I had been on my regular feed I'd have missed that lovely flower yesterday. Sad to think what else I may have missed by giving in to my fatigue and mental depletion. But no dwelling on that. Onward and upward.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That flower reminds me of orchids with the fleshy petals. I love flowers and wish I could photograph like you. You do an amazing job.

BTW, happy birthday a day late. I am glad you had a nice day, despite the fall.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

thanks Jenn. I've worked pretty hard on my macro photography in the last couple years and have improved quite a bit. It's not perfect, but it's better than it was. Congrats on the new # btw. That's awesome. It's working despite the cough that won't quit.

L | steak salad w/goatcheese & homemade dressing | cherries

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful pictures! Sorry about the fall, hope you heal quickly! Happy Birthday a day late!

Thanks Kim. I'm still sore today, but I'll pull through.

S/PDD | chardonnay and a bit of cheese
    D | "American chop suey" w/spaghetti squash instead of pasta and lots of red and orange pepper | 05 Marilyn Remark Grenache

Today after coffee I had pretty much the same breakfast as yesterday -
    B | 2 hen eggs fried in butter & bacon fat | 2 1/2 bacon strips | 1 sauteed mushroom | 6oz V8 | peach greek yogurt

Am cooking 3 brats to have on hand for the next few days. It's going to be another 95-degree day today, so inside it is. Did household chores yesterday so at least that's done. Still recovering from my wipe out and am just taking it easy, reading, processing pictures etc. Here's one I don't hate -

It's an Atlantic White Cedar swamp - a rare and vital ecosystem and one that I love dearly. Unfortunately that walkway was broken, spongy and underwater further on. Maybe someday it will be repaired and I can walk all the way in. This year it hardly froze long enough to do it in winter, but maybe next winter I can try it.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    We're suffering a heatwave in Boston too! Best to just stay inside, I hear they're recommending not even braving the beach.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Lots of heat in Iowa as well. Had my dogs in the house the last two days to keep them cool. They have a *little* shade, but not enough for hot days like that. And the one dog splashes the water in their bowl onto his belly, so they never have water either b/c of him, so in the house it was.

The Atlantic Cedar Swam looks so pretty. I'll have to make a trip to NH sometime and you can take me on a tour.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cmlloyd Guest
    Love your leading lines in that photo

Thanks so much. I have a landscape orientation of basically the same scene and it doesn't work as well. The lines though...it's not like you can step off the boardwalk. Well, I guess you could, but it's deep. I tried finding a footing under the water with my big Bogen tripod in another cedar swamp and it was too deep, which is kind of a bummer since the boardwalk limits compositional possibilities. At least a couple of the swamps have them; the largest one in the state is accessible by kayak or canoe only and since I have neither, I've never seen it. Someday I'd like a kayak though. I've paddled a few times and find it soothing.

Anyway...I'm mad at myself this morning because I woke to find the refrigerator was cracked open all night. It was 80 degrees in here. goddammit. I'm so pissed. I don't think anything is spoiled, but fuck me running I should have been more careful. So I'm sitting here drinking coffee with what I hope isn't spoiled cream. If it is, well it is a fitting punishment.

Slept surprisingly well. Dropped off early, say maybe 9pm. Woke at 11:30 and at 3:30 and went right back to sleep both times. I didn't have wine with dinner so that may have been it. Not sure. Sometimes I sleep like the dead with my regular wine consumption, sometimes I don't.

I did absolutely zilch yesterday and felt surprisingly snack-y if you know what I mean. I think some of it was reflex, bordom-eating since I'd been prone to that a bit even before this Primal thing.

Food yesterday went like this
    L | steak salad | blueberries
    S/PDD | cheese | chardonnay | HBE | pistachios
    D | left over spaghetti squash with, what, a ragu? - tomatoes, ground beef, onions, peppers | water | small piece dark choc

Today is supposed to be another 90-degree one, so I'm planning to do a weight routine after coffee and possibly follow it with some jump rope sprints. I should have done this yesterday, but honestly it was just too damn hot. Saps the will to do much at all right out of me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ig. Hot. Sweaty. Gross.

5 mins Turkish getups w/20lb db
    3 x 10 deadlifts w/34lb kb (much easier on my low back than the 44lb kb)
    3 x 10 goblet squats w/20lb db
    5 x 10 sec planks
    3 x 10 knee pushups (my knees HATE this)
    3 x 5 arnold presses w/20lb dbs
    5 x 50 jump rope sprints

Tired, but ok. Hopefully also gave my liver a fat-burning workout as well. Now, where did I put my water???

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast