Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your thoughts on caffeine page 7

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I find it hard to get through a day without eating salad. According to some of the logic on this thread, that makes me a salad addict and I should therefore be worrying about how to quit salad, to be free of my addiction to it.

Here's the thing. Addiction is the nature of the world. Like it or not, you are dependent on the earth for survival. These days, people are afraid of being dependent on anything--but it's unavoidable. I drink coffee and green tea occasionally, 1-2 cups a day at most. I went off coffee entirely for a few months, and I developed a new sense of normal that involved my brain slowing way down and me being constantly exhausted. Thanks, but I'd rather be an 'addict' if it means I have the energy to participate in life.

Lots of people here worry too much. Coffee-drinking isn't nearly as harmful as beating yourself up over how you shouldn't be drinking it.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    I find it hard to get through a day without eating salad. According to some of the logic on this thread, that makes me a salad addict and I should therefore be worrying about how to quit salad, to be free of my addiction to it.

Here's the thing. Addiction is the nature of the world. Like it or not, you are dependent on the earth for survival. These days, people are afraid of being dependent on anything--but it's unavoidable. I drink coffee and green tea occasionally, 1-2 cups a day at most. I went off coffee entirely for a few months, and I developed a new sense of normal that involved my brain slowing way down and me being constantly exhausted. Thanks, but I'd rather be an 'addict' if it means I have the energy to participate in life.

Lots of people here worry too much. Coffee-drinking isn't nearly as harmful as beating yourself up over how you shouldn't be drinking it.
    Good post. Feeling dependent on eating/drinking anything due to enjoying its benefits without experiencing harmful side-effects does not imply an addiction

Some people do become caffeine-addicted due to problems with sugar addiction, issues with insulin sensitivity or whatever. Doesn't rule out benefits for anyone else.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post

Agree!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567