Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on caffeine page 3

greytgrokette! is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I only drink 1 cup of tea and 1 cup of coffee a day, sometimes less, depending the time of the year. I used to drink a lot more coffee, up to 7 cups a day, until I found out that any more than 3 8oz cups a day will leach the calcium out of your body. So I limit it most of the time. I usually drink it because I want something hot in the mornings, and that's when I usually drink it, then avoid it for the remainder of the day.

ss14 is offline Member
    If caffeine is an addiction, it's the best damn thing to be addicted to. I drink it black twice a day in the winter and three times a day in the longer summer days. Honestly if I could do it again I'd start drinking it at age 11 or 12 -- the goal-oriented focus I get from the stuff just simply didn't exist before I started drinking it.

Caffeine is, pound for pound, the best stimulant in the universe.

Mother Nature, she's a smart and beautiful woman.

As with anything, do not use too much or you will not feel comfortable.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I drink a lot of coffee and it makes me feel great. When I don't drink coffee, I don't feel any negative effects. I drink a lot of black tea too.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I know it's a good stimulant, I can tell! I like the way it focuses my mind, I'm a zombie otherwise. I feel like a zombie right now after half a day with no diet cola!

However, sugar also makes me think better temporarily, I used red bull and sugary foods to get me through college exams. But we're all agreed excessive sugar is a harmful addictive drug, why is caffeine ok? I just feel like I would be hypocritical to cut right down on sugar and still have caffeine.

I try my hardest to cut down but I just have days where I fancy some cola and I end up drinking 2 litres of it. I can't just have one can. I have tried replacing with a morning coffee but that just gives me a headache! I don't like the idea of decaf... don't like the taste of coffee enough to have a fake version. Black tea was the ideal replacement for a while but unfortunately it made me wheeze. I like my tasty herbal teas but they are not giving me the kick I'm used to!

I'm not sure whether one cup of decaf or whatever per day is really doable for me, I may have to quit completely. It's so hard though. Wayyyyy harder than giving up cider or milk chocolate or all of my favourite foods I am allergic to!

Has anyone successfully quit while using a milder stimulant like ginseng or some kind of supplement?? Gota kola tea is supposed to give a slight buzz but I can't say I've felt it yet.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-04-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Get a grip, man.

How can I have some conversation with a man that cannot control himself?

I don't understand you.

Soda? You can't quit soda? Come on, son.

What would you do in Sarajevo in 1992?

Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Get a grip, man.

How can I have some conversation with a man that cannot control himself?

I don't understand you.

Soda? You can't quit soda? Come on, son.

What would you do in Sarajevo in 1992?
    If you don't understand the conversation, why did you join in? Being dismissive is not helpful, it's also rather rude. You think you're hilarious but addiction is not something I can laugh about.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    If you don't understand the conversation, why did you join in? Being dismissive is not helpful, it's also rather rude. You think you're hilarious but addiction is not something I can laugh about.
    Addiction is indeed something we can all laugh about.

My intent is not to dismiss you, but to drive you to be a better man, a better human being.

Addiction, what is this? Just some weak little whore.

I've defeated multiple addictions. Just last week I downed an ungodly amount of bromazepam, and today I live free of this chemical.

If you don't think that a soda addiction is fit for some comedy sitcom, then I do not know if you are a funny man. Or if you even have the capacity for laughter.

It's soda, man. It's soda.

Your only problem is that you lie down on the railtracks of life and you take it, you take it all.

You are not an actor but a reactor.

Change this approach and you will find success in defeating your coca cola addiction.

You have the power.
    Last edited by The Return of Dado; 06-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Well done for beating your addictions Dado!

Did you also defeat caffeine? If so, can you tell me how you did it?

Soda might not seem like a serious addiction but it's serious to me, as it's possibly making me chronically ill. Caffeine is supposedly one of the hardest drugs to quit. The fact that so many people defend it (despite the fact that it doesn't logically fit into the paleolithic diet template) suggests to me that not many addicts ever manage to quit.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast