Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is about creating yourself (Pt. II!) page

Tricia is offline Senior Member

Life is about creating yourself (Pt. II!)

Primal Fuel
    Hey you guys, I'm back!
    In the spirit of cluttering the internet, I've decided to start a new journal, and let my old one just wither away and die at the bottom of all the others. I want this to be a fresh start, and have this post on the first page so I can have my new goals on it. I'll fill those out later when I have time, but for now I just wanted to say hi

Edit: I'm still not quite sure what exactly my "goals" are, but I do have some ehm, confirmations I would like to have on my first page. So here goes:

1. Planning is everything. I can not stress this enough.
    2. Eating well vastly improves my mood and energy levels. I know this to be true.
    3. Ice cream does not make you happy. Those billboards are a lie.
    4. Stepping away from the computer really helps you sleep at night.
    5. So does stepping away from the sugar.
    6. Not all rewards need to be food and/or cigarettes. There are rewards that keep you feeling good afterwards, instead of totally gross.
    7. Go outside and take a walk.
    8. Even though, yes, new clothes make me uncomfortable and like I'm "trying too hard" (don't ask me where that comes from), once I'm used to them, they DO make me feel nice. Don't think you can't buy clothes because you're 'too fat'. If you can wear worn out clothes, you can wear new clothes.

also:

Last edited by Tricia; 08-19-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Just a quick food log, will update more later (I promise!)

Breakfast: plain yoghurt with a cut up banana in it
    Afternoon snack: kiwi fruit, piece of goat Gouda, loads of pistachios
    Dinner: Salmon with some cress, grilled bell pepper, green beans and kohlrabi/carrot purée
    Evening snack: 4 squares of 86% dark chocolate
    Coffee: 8 pads! (3 regular, rest decaf, but still - that's a LOT of coffee in a day...)

DSC03132.jpg

I'm especially proud of the purée, because I hadn't foreseen that there was nothing but withered veggies left in the fridge (we're cleaning it out in anticipation for our new one arriving this Wednesday). But I'm glad I remembered this great recipe from NomNomPaleo, and was adventurous enough to apply what I learned there. Turns out you don't even need cauliflower as a main ingredient: kohlrabi will do. I also added some beef stock and lots of garlic, which I think is the important bit that made it boyfriend approved, yay!
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tricia! Welcome back
    Where in Belgium are you?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

^^ hmz, let's say "in the top half", lest I start to worry about my precious anonymity ;-)

Day 2 food log:

Breakfast: skipped it, had a kiwi fruit and a piece of goat Gouda after my walk
    Lunch: this - best lunch ever! I didn't have any feta so I sprinkled the goat Gouda on top (heaven) and added some cut up mushrooms to the mix.
    Afternoon snack: bunch of pistachios
    Dinner:
    DSC03134.jpg
    roasted chicken (not roasted the MDA way; I didn't have time and was craving chicken so I bought a roasted one at the butcher - and man did I regret it...) with lots of salad greens and a yoghurt/mayo dressing. I went all crazy with the dressing and then remembered I was still supposed to take a picture of my plate so I took one of the boyfriend's plate for reference (I did not have any potatoes).
    DSC03135.jpg
    In my defence: I added a LOT more salad later to even out the dressing...

After dinner: 2 squares of 86% dark chocolate, some frozen banana+coconut milk 'ice cream'
    Coffee: 6 pads (hey, better than yesterday)

Exercise/sun: walked around for about an hour getting groceries

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tricia. Just had to come in and wave to another person who's decided to start fresh! Love the photos - I always plan to take them, but then I'm hungry and I sort of forget . . . until my plate is empty .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Nice to find a fellow Belgian on the forum anyway
    I'm from the top half as well, north of Antwerp .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Well hi again, Candy, and hi Jac
    I like taking pictures of my plate, and I figured it would be yet another (fun) way to hold myself accountable. Like you can already see me making excuses for all that dressing in the above picture... a picture doesn't lie!

Day 3 (food) log:

-Breakfast: 1 banana, cut up in a bowl of plain yoghurt
    - After breakfast our new fridge arrived, and turned out even more HUGE than I thought it would be (I have a bit of a problem imagining sizes of things bought over the internet, hence also the huge TV lol), which was great (I bought it because I wanted a bigger fridge+freezer after all and I can't wait to stuff it with organic meat!) but it looked completely out of place in the place of the old one, blocking the door to the kitchen etc. So I spent the rest of mid morning moving around furniture, and taking apart cupboards that wouldn't fit through doors - lifting heavy things for sure! By lunchtime I was hungry like a wolf, hence the...
    DSC03137.jpg
    -Lunch: yup, that's last night's leftovers and yes, those are baked potatoes. I felt I could excuse the carbs and they are 'safe starches' after all... But then I went and made it worse:
    -Afternoon snack: 2 pieces of rhubarb pie at friend's house (I know, I know! "But she baked for us" is no excuse, but... she baked it for us! And she just had a baby... I am not about to disappoint a new mom who makes the time to bake pies for her guests... excuses, excuses )
    -Dinner: 2 of the leftover stuffed zucchini boats. I think they are my new favourite primal recipe! I have just 1 left in the fridge now that I can have for lunch. The boyfriend was strangely uninterested and went out to get fast food. He doesn't know what he's missing!
    - Dessert: 2 squares of 86% dark chocolate, about 2 big grabs of pistachios. Was craving salt for some weird reason. Oh well. Will do better today

Oh and I forgot the coffee: still had my 2 big mugs in the morning (=4), then a small cup after lunch and one at my friend's house, which makes 6. Half of those pads where decaf, which I think is reasonable. I went to bed early and slept like a log, even though I have a head cold. Planning on doing the same tonight!

chrysler300 is offline Junior Member
    Nice work with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information which we all need, helpful iformation. I would like to thank you for the efforts you shown remarkble writing skill in this nice thread.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast