Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 9

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma . Yes, North Island. I'll be in Dunedin next week, teaching - Brrr!!

Ketones tonight 0.33mmol/L

I was in Auckland all day - I took 6 (primal) sausages for my day, and ate them all. Just polished off a bowl of mince (ground beef) in tomato paste, with some veges. Yum. Still a bit hungry, and light-headed, but that will pass.

I was reading Jimmy Moore's ketosis experiment this morning, and was interested to see that he measures ketones in the morning, since that's supposed to be when they're highest. Not that it matters, but I think the more useful measurement is after a day of food - you'd expect mild ketosis after fasting all night, but being in ketosis at night is more of an achievement.

He also talks about extended fasts just because he's not hungry - which casts doubt on my hypothesis that I went out of ketosis because my body went into starvation mode. Will be interesting to see what happens as my own experiment continues.

I didn't weigh today, because I still feel puffy, have been taking pain relief, and am really tired. I'll wait til I feel better and see if the 3kg has vanished. It happened so fast, it's just got to be water weight!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Jac, Its so nice to meet others from little old New Zealand. I am presuming you are from the North Island ?
    I have only been primal for about 13/14 weeks, but am amazed at the changes I am seeing. Fantastic stuff. I have just today booked into primal con. I am so excited. Anyway I look forward to reading more about you and your journey.
    Good Luck and keep at it !
    Hi to you both from another primal Kiwi. Love this way of eating, with all its benefits.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annieh, hello to you. This is great, we are getting a wee bit of a community going here on MDA. Zoebird Is another "one of us" and I am sure that their are heaps more. We should have our own little primal conference, or gathering. I shall start a NZ thread and see how many little Kiwis scurry out from the undergrowth !

have the best day
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks for the welcome, Gwamma. Having a delicious day so far...

A New Zealand thread will be great, see you there!

Jac
    Yesterday I was feeling really crappy. I'm in a conflict situation at work, which is never nice, and still tired from being away. I'm also having a few sugar cravings . Serves me right.

Ketones last night were 0.1mmol/L

This morning my weight was down a bit to 90.5kg. I'm still holding fluid though - I can feel it! And I woke up with a wicked headache. I had eggs in co oil for breakfast, and 3 chicken drumsticks for lunch. I'm starving!! Not too long til hometime, though.

I'm heading to Dunedin next week to teach, and staying with my in-laws. It'll be a real challenge to keep up with this woe, but I'm determined to do it - even if it kills my MIL . She's relentlessly low fat, mod-low protein, high carb. Tony suggested that we tell her we're eating Atkins - she might understand that better than any other explanation.

My medium term goal (for the next 2 weeks) is to get more fully into ketosis. My immediate goal is to have a day without taking pain relief. Maybe that'll be tomorrow??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Fantastic sleep last night - I do believe I'm starting to feel normal again .

Ketones last night 0.2mmol/L

Weight this morning 89.2kg

I've been reading the new thread on ketosis, and it's doing my head in as usual. People immediately start flashing numbers around, discussing carb ratios, total and net carbs, and target macros. Makes me crazy and I just had to come away.

My goal is to adjust the quality and proportions of what I eat to manipulate my body into ketosis, then stay there while I metabolise fat. I'm more interested in finding out whether blueberries (or any other food) alter my own state of ketosis! I do understand their process, but for me I can feel the stress building while my focus shifts to just numbers. I kind of wish my brain worked that way, sometimes - but it just doesn't. So here I am in my journal, talking to myself instead of in the other thread talking to the others who are trying this .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Good morning, Jac. I'm glad you slept well, I wish you a great primal day.

I've had a good breakfast of bacon and eggs, same for my hubby and he's off to play golf, me to play the piano.

Bye for now, A

Jac
    Have fun Annieh! I'm working from home today, and it's totally glorious outside! The peach tree outside my bedroom window is starting to blossom, and there are drunk tui all over the place with the cherry blossom trees
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Friday night ketones = 0.4mmol/L

Heaps more energy, and no pain relief today. Woot!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Fantastic sleep last night - I do believe I'm starting to feel normal again .

Ketones last night 0.2mmol/L

Weight this morning 89.2kg

I've been reading the new thread on ketosis, and it's doing my head in as usual. People immediately start flashing numbers around, discussing carb ratios, total and net carbs, and target macros. Makes me crazy and I just had to come away.

My goal is to adjust the quality and proportions of what I eat to manipulate my body into ketosis, then stay there while I metabolise fat. I'm more interested in finding out whether blueberries (or any other food) alter my own state of ketosis! I do understand their process, but for me I can feel the stress building while my focus shifts to just numbers. I kind of wish my brain worked that way, sometimes - but it just doesn't. So here I am in my journal, talking to myself instead of in the other thread talking to the others who are trying this .
    You are doing great. Congrats on your lovely family --- you are a wealthy woman! Should you ever need help with the numbers, just throw them out to any of us, and we'll help you with your calculations. I'm one of those beats who love numbers and track calculations more than I'm interested in actually eating the darn food. I'm in ketosis and loving it --- so much energy. I seem to be stuck at my set point of 150lbs for the time being, but I'm hanging tough.

I would highly recommend getting off the soda/pop --- not only is it a terrible chemical to be fueling your cells with, it's causing havoc on your oral healthcare. The sugar in these man-made drinks sits between the teeth and and causing caries (cavities). Do yourself a favour, and dump the pop --- it'll save you in dental bills :-)
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast