Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 23

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Jac - you darling little thing - welcome back - and I so hope that you really are up for the mosh pit in America middle this year. I am sure that Mr.P won't mind me bringing along my girl band. In fact - we could get ourselves up on stage and do the girl band thing !!!!!!! just take over like Kiwis do.................... your DH and my GG (Gwumpy Gwandad) can just hang in the back ready with the stretchers !!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I have a few things to count down to - my birthday is first , then I have 3 months of study leave , and during that I have the trip to the US . I start back at work after the leave on 1 July, then I have another 3 months that turns into early Nov - early March next year once the stats and some holidays are added in. If I can't get my body dialled in this year, then I'll have to give up all hope of ever getting there.

I don't know if any of the NZers here have ever posted on the trademe community boards, but I wouldn't advise it! Tony and I are in the process of figuring out how to help Mum get into a retirement kind of village - not the full on ones that include health care, but the less intense ones that still provide a sense of safety and community. She can't afford it on her own, but she really needs to move out of her current house as there are lots of external stairs. If she's not well, or has an injury (last year she tore a ligament in her hip) then she becomes pretty much house bound. Anyway, I posted a question on the real estate board about how best to set up a legal framework for her contributing the deposit while we get the mortgage, then she'll live rent and mortgage free for as long as she can. The responses were really, really nasty! It took the best part of a week to get over them . Seriously, calling us thieves, saying she should run a mile from us, saying that my marriage and all my family relationships will fail and then Mum will be homeless and it'll be all my fault . . . even just writing it I feel traumatised. (writing about it is helping - but I just want to forget it!). Makes me realise that I live in a pretty privileged world where at least I can walk away from people like that. Imagine if I had to live in their worlds! Sheesh. Anyway, we visited some open homes with her yesterday, and also finalised most of the legal details. My sister was there, too, and very supportive of what we're doing. Mum was getting really happy when we looked at what she could afford - nothing flash, just well built and pretty, with a bit of garden and lots of sun.

She made me dairy free quiche for lunch yesterday . Today I'm popping pain relief - it had flour and soy milk in it.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Oh Jac - you have so got to wonder about some people !!!!!!
    But don't let it get you down. There are people in this world who just know better than everybody else, and they love putting others down. You cannot change them or do anything about it - just keep smiling, but don't take their crap on board.

Hugs coming your way
    G x

...small steps....

Jac
    Thanks Gwamma - it's silly to feel so upset when they don't even know me!

You know what else is silly? Calling a woman Gwamma when she's younger than me
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

yes but if we are gonna play this game............... I have more wrinkles than you !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    yes but if we are gonna play this game............... I have more wrinkles than you !!!!!!!!
    My last period was almost a decade ago . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

.....................mine was 17 years ago...................

...small steps....

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .....................mine was 17 years ago...................
    Crap . . . OK, I'm completely grey under my bottle brown hair
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Oh, and I have a 30 year old daughter and 3 granddaughters . . . top that one, sistah
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

crikey............ I have three daughters 27, 25, and 17... going on 30 something !!!!!! and two grandsons....
    okay 1 to Jac
    2 to Gwamma

I have very saggy boosums.............

...small steps....

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast