Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 21

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Twilight
    Jac I so love that story !!!!! I enjoy a story that doesn't make you think !!!!!!! and this is one of them. I just get carried away with all those gorgeous people. They look so like cavemen who don't get any vit D !!!! LOL and then theres the wolves........ and now I am being cougarish !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fucking idiot. Everything was going great, then I got tired. I should have napped yesterday - I could have, if I'd chosen to. I ate too much steak, which started an IBS flare. So then I was on meds for the pain, and feeling horrible as well as tired.

Today I went to a place I'm not familiar with for lunch. It was a tense lunch, because I kind of know the person I went with, but don't know him well enough and I wanted something from him. So I followed his lead, had a curry (at least I had the common sense to check that it was dairy free), naan, poppadom, and a glass of wine. I didn't like any of it very much. Then had a kind of tour with him (he's a lovely person, so it wasn't a hardship at all - just not really comfortable) before I dropped him off. Then I decided I was thirsty and without any kind of conscious thought I was in the supermarket.

On the plus side - no aspartame. On the negative, some mango slices, jellybeans, and Ch'i (flavoured with stevia). Mostly it was gross, but now I have the shakes and am so bloated that even my trackpants feel confining.

Here ends my rant. I'm going to pretend that today hasn't happened, and get on with eating clean. And get some decent sleep
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Greensprout is offline Senior Member

Sweet dream, Jac. Tomorrow is a fresh new day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post

Sweet dream, Jac. Tomorrow is a fresh new day.
    +1
    x

...small steps....

Jac
    Funny that now I have no caffeine at all, very little sugar and no artificial sweeteners I am having trouble sleeping. I'm dreaming vividly, tossing and turning, and generally crashing in the wee small hours. It's enough to have a girl reaching for a coke .

Eating has been pretty good since the last crash and burn. I'm getting some exercise, having some fun, and generally trying to not do stupid things .

Today I'm procrastinating, though - I'm presenting at a major conference on Wednesday, and I haven't written the presentation. I keep going back and forth, and not getting anywhere. I'm going to grab a quick walk I think, then have another go. Wish me luck!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

GOOD LUCK......... I am shouting it from the south island......

...small steps....

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    GOOD LUCK......... I am shouting it from the south island......
    Stop shouting, you're making my ears hurt . Seriously, I heard the echo all the way up the coast!

Thanks - I'm getting there. Just writing a poem about my first love . . . (yes, I'll read it as a part of the presentation )
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Second post in a day - clearly something is going on.

I'm going to try ketosis again. I've spent the last while rereading my journal, mostly prompted by the fact that I'm living on pain relief again. I'm way bloated, stomach/hands/feet/knees. My back hurts. I've had packs and packs of ibprofen, heaps of buscopan, and even some voltaren. I'm a mess.

On balance I'm heaps better off than I used to be, but I'm not healing like I want to.

I don't know what to eat on this plan, though. Last time I tended to fast for long periods, and then overeat. I also, although I didn't journal it, had heaps and heaps of coke zero to get me through. I did journal that I added things like coconut cream, which I really can only have in small amounts. So there needs to be some planning involved.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hello again Jac, I'm glad you have found some measure of improvement, it really does sound like planning ahead is an important key for you. Best wishes as you keep on keeping on. A.

Jac
    Just checking in . . . I'm trying to avoid computers unless I'm working (and I seem to be working all hours at the moment). I'm still completely sweetener free . We bought a soda stream, so I'm drinking heaps of fizzy filtered water and doing well. Have a fantastic Christmas everyone! I'm completely unplugging for 3 weeks from this coming Thursday - can't wait!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast