Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 20

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well done you! Glad you're still feeling good too.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Crazy busy at the moment, and have been struggling a bit with motivation. Yesterday I had a miserable time - I went to Auckland to a workshop on how to fill out these stupid forms I'm working with, and the woman who ran it was waffly and confusing. I nearly cried. I binged on sugar.

This morning I have lots of energy and have been really focused. But I also know I have to do something more about the sugar problem. I took my herbs, like a good girl. I know for sure that the craving would go away if I drank a coke zero. That's the feeling I'm looking for, and the taste. Since I'm not going down that road again, my mind focuses on sugar and it's like I don't have an off switch.

So - lack of motivation, tiredness, mood in the dumps, bloating and sugar cravings. That's my life. Oh, and guilt because I have so much to do and I'm just not getting through it. Blech.

So far today I'm fasting. If I have time, I'm going to read JS Stanton's paper on hunger and see if I can spot a different approach. For now, my main (maybe my only) focus is on not going backwards and sucking down that diet drink.

I can totally see how I've caved all the other times I've tried to detox. This is hard work! It'll be worth it when I come out the other side, though
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Still here, still sweetener-free, making progress. The sugar demon still bites, but less often and less severely. Gotta love making progress
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Day 1 of detoxing was 15.10.12, so that must make this <mumble mumble> day 25. Woohoo

I've done really badly in the other areas of primal, but I think after all this time I can safely say I'm off the aspartame. And it was pretty horrible coming off it!! Now, however, I'm just letting stress take over my life and I'm being lazy with my eating. Like today - I'm tired and had lots to do, so I had a couple of pork balls for lunch, then followed that with a doughnut. Yup. I'm a dumbass .

So this is me, refocusing again. I'm sleeping better for not having any coke in my system, and overall I'm more energetic. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't jump into the next whole 30 right now. Well, it's evening so I can't claim today as day 1, so that will be tomorrow.

I'm just going for steady, PHD-style eating, with safe starches and some fruit. As a definite upside, I don't seem to have quite the problem with fruit I used to have - maybe an overall lessening of the inflammation??

I'm not weighing. At all.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Day 1 of detoxing was 15.10.12, so that must make this <mumble mumble> day 25. Woohoo

I've done really badly in the other areas of primal, but I think after all this time I can safely say I'm off the aspartame. And it was pretty horrible coming off it!! Now, however, I'm just letting stress take over my life and I'm being lazy with my eating. Like today - I'm tired and had lots to do, so I had a couple of pork balls for lunch, then followed that with a doughnut. Yup. I'm a dumbass .

So this is me, refocusing again. I'm sleeping better for not having any coke in my system, and overall I'm more energetic. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't jump into the next whole 30 right now. Well, it's evening so I can't claim today as day 1, so that will be tomorrow.

I'm just going for steady, PHD-style eating, with safe starches and some fruit. As a definite upside, I don't seem to have quite the problem with fruit I used to have - maybe an overall lessening of the inflammation??

I'm not weighing. At all.
    Oh well done on ditching the aspartame, hope you've had a good day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Jac that is awesome.
    I am starting a whole 30 next week, just not sure what to attempt first !!!
    keep at it girl !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Suse is offline Senior Member
    good girl jac. aspartame is shit. I need to do a whole 30 too... more like a whole 365 though really!!!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Suse, how are you my girl.....yep I think that I could cope with a whole 365 days as well. shall we start...... next week ??? LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Suse, how are you my girl.....yep I think that I could cope with a whole 365 days as well. shall we start...... next week ??? LOL
    Start now!!

Jac
    Since my journal is getting some action, I thought I'd better step in and have my say

I've been spending heaps of time on the computer lately, with grant applications. I'm hoping to ease off by the middle of December, but not counting on it. At least I've decided not to do the application that has to be in at the end of January, so I get to have my Christmas holidays to myself. I love doing it, but it can make the old brain hurt sometimes.

I'm doing really well on the eating front. I've come to love my sparkling water with a bit of lime or bitter lemon cordial. Yes, it's sugar. But there are only a couple of ingredients, and I don't make the drinks like commercial ones - just a bit of added flavour. I've also been drinking heaps of plain water.

I've increased my intake of fats again. I have no idea what's happening with my weight, but the bloating from the last few weeks of random eating is slowly going away again. It takes a couple of weeks, and I keep making it worse by eating fruit. I'm just going with what feels good on the day.

I went with my 21yo daughter to see Twilight last night - the midnight double feature. It was fun, and I didn't have anything to eat the whole time - just had a bottle of water with me. It made me feel ridiculously virtuous to see the coke and popcorn being scarfed down by everyone else. One of the ladies sitting near me had 2 bags of lollies from the supermarket for each movie, and they were all gone by the end. She must have felt awful for the rest of the night.

My classes usually get a kick out of my taste in movies and trashy novels! I teach them about critical thinking, bring the arts into health practice, and evidence based practice - and then I spend the night at Twilight .

One sad note - it's bloody cold here!! We turned the heating back on for the weekend, and I think I might need it today, too. Brrrrr!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast