Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 19

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sookie Stackhouse books are my guilty pleasure.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Sookie Stackhouse books are my guilty pleasure.
    Mine too! She makes me laugh out loud.

Still feeling like something the cat sicked up. I couldn't get my mood or energy out of the doldrums yesterday, and am taking pain relief again. I do have a plan, though - there's a great little herbal clinic down the road from the hospital. I'm at work today, so will head down there soon. They have a bunch of naturopaths who have had local training, and although their concoctions taste vile, they usually work. I'll check back when I've talked to them.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Good luck.

Jac
    Had a Matrix night last night, as you can tell from my signature .

Going to the clinic yesterday proved to be a bit embarrassing. I had a bit of a meltdown when the first guy I talked to didn't understand what I was saying and tried to sell me one of those body cleanses . Fortunately one of the herbalist women was there, and she rescued me. I have a 'brew' to take that includes herbs for killing off candida, improving detox, killing cravings, and improving bowel function. I'm not too sure about the latter - my gut is sensitive enough to have a real hissy fit about that! However, I'm giving it a try. The prescribed amount is 5ml, three times a day just before meals. However, she suggested that I start slowly and increase over time. I took the 5 ml last night, and blew up like a basketball! No pain, lots of gas. NO sugar cravings last night. I haven't taken it again this morning (there are limits to what I want to experience at work, lol), and will take about 3ml this evening. I think I'll stay with it until I've finished the whole 100ml bottle. No cravings this morning, either.

It's entirely possible that the detox was coming to a natural end anyway, and that's why I was able to think about how to get some help. I don't much care - the fact is that I feel better, and I'm not plotting how to access sugar and/or bread as I sit here. Awesome. I also just realised that I don't have a headache! Double awesome.

This clinic does a treatment called 'weed, seed and feed' to resolve IBS. It involves
    • Weed for identifying then removing allergic or intolerant foods, toxic gut bacteria, parasites and fungae
    • Seed for replacing with friendly bacteria species - correcting the 'dysbiosis'.
    • Feed for supplements and nutrients to assist repairing gut lining and liver cells.

I don't know whether I'll do that - it's a little scary. Their information sheet about what to eat is pretty much in line with PB, though, so that'd be OK. Interesting that they include olive oil, coconut oil etc, then say 'lean cuts of beef and skinless chicken' - weird.

Perhaps this time, the detox has been complete and successful. I'm ever hopeful.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

The old "animal fat is bad" mindset is incredibly hard for people to overcome. Even though many of the fatty acids found in beef fat are the same as the ones in coconut oil, people just can't get past it.

Still,the fact that they're recommending any saturated fat is an improvement eh?

Oh, I like the idea of using weed to control IBS, do you use a bong or a rollie?

Jac
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Oh, I like the idea of using weed to control IBS, do you use a bong or a rollie?
    I'm thinking that the oil would be more paleo than the smoke

In other news, I forgot to say - I've had major dental work today, too. I chipped a molar a few weeks back, and finally went for a check-up last week. I've had a huge amalgam filling removed, and he found that the filling was 'leaking' and had decay under and around it. I think that may well have contributed to the horrible taste in my mouth lately! I have a bloody expensive crown going on this afternoon. I'm also thinking of getting my other fillings removed over the next year or so, because most of them are huge and date from one particularly vicious school dental nurse when I was 9 years old. Ye gods, that makes them 40 years old! Not surprising that they are breaking down.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Cautiously tiptoeing here - I think I feel good
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I think I feel good
    Yay

maybe it's the weed?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yay

maybe it's the weed?
    Snort!

I really hope it sticks Jac xx

Jac
    You lot crack me up

Yep, it stuck (feeling good). I feel like I might be taking the whole 'healing' thing to another level - actually aiming for more than just an avoidance of symptoms. I've had an active weekend, with gardening and walking - enough that I have a sore butt from bending and pulling weeds. My energy levels are up, and my mood is good. I'm still getting bloating, but that is probably a mixture of the mandarins I keep eating and the herbs. I'll persist with them, as I think my ultimate aim at this stage is to improve my gut bacteria to the point where I can tolerate probiotics.

I can't believe I'm still 100% artificial sweetener-free!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast