Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jac's Countdown to 50! page 15

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always gain a kilo or two after carb night. It's fluid retention mostly.

How do you feel otherwise?

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I always gain a kilo or two after carb night. It's fluid retention mostly.

How do you feel otherwise?
    Pretty good actually!! It'd be very easy to have more carbs today, but that's no more than a passing thought. I slept really well.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Feeling crappy today - just a vague emotion that feels like guilt and anger, but I'm not guilty or angry about anything. Instead I feel like everything is too hard, but I don't have the oomph to just say 'fuck it' and have a mental health day. Arrgggh!

Physically OK - weight is up again to 87.9kg. I suspect that this is because I overdosed on salt yesterday - I oversalted dinner (ground mince with stock AND tamari AND salt - what was I thinking?? Also, himalayan salt is saltier than salt, KWIM?) It was pretty horrible, but we were hungry and nothing else was defrosted, so we ate it. Then drank heaps, and we're both still thirsty this morning . But I don't have any abdo bloating, so that's a blessing.

I shall take my grumpiness and channel it into either work or rebellion, and feel better for it soon.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Jac
    Weight is up again. 88.2kg.

I'm weighing because I don't trust this process - I don't trust my body at all. I was losing on straight ketosis, but it had slowed right down and I was beginning to go a little crazy. I know I should stop weighing myself, and in fact I have gone for ages in the past without weighing, but then I also didn't care about losing so I was eating to feel good rather than having a weight loss goal. Clearly I am a little nuts about this .

In other news, my mood improved yesterday, and I got a bit of work completed. Then I gardened for a while, and had a bath before settling in front of a movie for the night. This morning I'm discombomulated about the scales, but apart from that I'm fine. I have to decide what to do about work - I can spend my time struggling to keep up with the workload, or I can be radical and change direction and screw the workload. I think I know which way I'll go . Time for a refocusing and planning session, I think!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    The scale is a bastard. I am super strict about only weighing once per week - on the morning of carb night. There is a lot of body recomposition that goes on with low carb diets so the scale is not always an accurate predictor of progress. Are you able to comfortably wear your jeans? Do your rings fit?

I hope you manage to work out a happy solution to your work issues. I feel very fortunate that not only do I love my job, but when I walk out the door I don't think about it again until I walk back in the next day. I have worked high stress jobs that I took home before and the pressure sucks!

Jac
    Yep, time to take a step back and breathe.

I'll do it your way - weigh day is the morning of carb nite. Thanks for the sanity you breathed all over my journal

I want to get a pair of trousers that don't quite fit, and use them to test overall fat loss. My main problem areas are hips and lower belly (aka my whole ass area ), and any measurements around my abdo are even more unreliable than the scale. Pants that are tight around the ass and thighs would be good, and I can ignore the button.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    I'm tired - I keep forgetting that this is the first week of daylight savings, so it's OK to be in an adjustment period. I also have a sore butt from the gardening. I have really tight muscles, so any kind of activity tends to be quite sore to start with. Over the winter I got used to doing activities like climbing ladders and standing on chairs to paint, and lots of vacuuming, sanding and wiping. Now I'm getting used to the prolonged kneeling and bending involved with weeding and planting. I also restarted pushups and front planks. I really need a fun mobility workout that would keep all of me flexible, all year round! Preferably one that builds strength too. I'm very aware that my back gets sore really easily now, and feels quite stiff.

NO weigh or measure this morning. Last night I had steak and veges cooked in co oil, with a dollop of avocado mayo. I'm doing really well with the sub 30 carb days.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Very quick post - it's a busy weekend ahead. Weight was 87.2kg. I don't have the pants yet, but will get them! Carb Nite probably tonight . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Jac
    Carb nite went OK - I didn't enjoy it as much as last week. Tony kept commenting on how much crap I was eating, which didn't really help. I've tried explaining it, but he didn't really get it. I included kumara, which was my favourite carb - this time it was kind of tasteless. Maybe it's the season (they're probably old ones), or maybe something has changed in my taste buds. Still, in spite of having gluten *gasp* and sugar *double gasp*, I don't have IBS problems. I think that for next weekend I'll put more thought into my menu and try to be a bit more primal.

I'm back at work again, and really wanting a holiday. It's dreary weather, and I have a drearily long to-do list that's filled with huge things. I'm working on some strategies for getting through it. I love the freedom and challenge of this job, I really do. But I think I'm in that liminal space where I'm doing more advanced work without getting the amount of support that will come with it later. I have to prove myself by getting the grants and producing the reports/publications BEFORE I get extra support to do it. It's a very strange system, this academia business .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hi, just checking in so I can keep an eye on your new journal...

I did a bit of gardening in the weekend and have been feeling it in my hamstrings all week. It was just a bit of light weed pulling. Jeez... unfit.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast