Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's your sleep after a fast? page 2

Shop Now
    It's strong and restorative.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    So this is what I don't get - how can some people have great sleep after fasting, and other people struggle with it? Has anyone looked into this? I thought maybe it had to do with blood sugar levels.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    When I am more active I sleep better. I didnt do much activity the past few days, so getting flushed the past few nights have kept me up longer. If I do more, and get more tired, I can go right back to sleep.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    So this is what I don't get - how can some people have great sleep after fasting, and other people struggle with it? Has anyone looked into this? I thought maybe it had to do with blood sugar levels.
    In my own case I think it's just a gift. I almost always sleep like the dead. I go to bed at 9pm (sometimes after having already fallen asleep on the couch) and wake up around 5:30 to 7:00 am depending on the time of year. I never eat after dinner no matter what (a personal rule that kept me from becoming a total whale) and I never fret when I get insomnia. The rest in the dark works almost as well as actual sleeping. I'm also old enough now to know that all worries and all decisions made at 3am are bogus.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    When I am more active I sleep better. I didnt do much activity the past few days, so getting flushed the past few nights have kept me up longer. If I do more, and get more tired, I can go right back to sleep.
    Hey Gopintos, What do you mean by 'getting flushed'?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    sorry, I get hot. I go to bed between 9 & 10. Pretty much right to sleep if DH leaves me alone. Almost like clock work, at 2am I get hot. Not sure how many I have but each one does not last very long. I do not think it is menopause. If I have been active during the day, I can usually go back to sleep.

Sometimes I get hot after I eat too, however either I dont do that as much anymore, or else I am just getting use to it so I dont notice. I think I still do. I am getting hot now, and I ate a little something maybe an hour ago.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I sleep much better on an empty stomach.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i can't sleep on an empty stomach, even if i don't necessarily feel the hunger.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm also old enough now to know that all worries and all decisions made at 3am are bogus.

No truer statement ever written.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12