Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal - tooround page 3

tooround is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Did I mention that I drove over my sunglasses one day this winter? I must have dropped them in the driveway and by the time we found them ...

I finally got new ones yesterday but not before driving in the sunlight gave me a boomer of a headache.

While I have noticed that I'm becoming more and more sensitive to caffeine, I hadn't thought about migraine meds. I slept for over 4 hours!

What a waste of a day off!

And ... did ya know ... you can't eat as much as usual if you lay in bed all day Scale is up this morning. Makes me wonder if I wasn't dehydrated yesterday. Perhaps that was why I had that low weight ... and the headache ... hmmm

Whatever the problem was, it's better today. I'm back under 130.

I did sprints on the elliptical for over 20 minutes last evening. Hill climbing with a 30 second boost at the top. Sure takes less of a chunk out of my day than 40 or 45 minutes.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city

Wow, it sounds like you are doing awesome. I love hearing about people who are just getting starting and are seeing great results!

Good morning!

Today I am musing about exercise. I think I read that part of the book with my lazy eye It has never been a problem for me to do 20 or so minutes on the elliptical and a few 20 or 25 minute weight sessions a week. I also walk uptown for the mail almost every day.

So why then, when I read Primal Blueprint, did I cut back to a more casual fashion? I know Mark talks about over-training, injuries, wear out and burn out ... but I was certainly not there!

I think I was trying to see how little I could get away with.

I'm working evenings this week. That's 3-11. I tend to be pretty casual in the mornings. I sleep until I'm done sleeping, catch up on some laundry etc. run errands.

Now, would be a good week to implement a new exercise approach.

Upper body today. Grrr ... felt great!

Food was wonderful as always.

A friend told me she couldn't live without carbs. What the heck?! Can't live without???

Her eyes just about fell out of her head when I told her I hadn't had any grains since the tenth of March! Then I thought to myself March 10th! That's almost three weeks on plan!!!

I have never stuck so well to a plan. Could be because it's not such a persnickety plan. Even when I lost 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months, I cheated.

I don't want to cheat. I like this!

I decided to stop eating grains sometime late in February. Since the 1st of March I've had two feeds of popcorn, corn bread, shortbread cookies ... that's all?

And no grains since the 10th.

I'll try to make that into a decent post tomorrow. I just needed to get my dates set in my mind.

I wonder when I got my book. Mar 7th,

I still haven't tidied up that last post.
    I've decided to do a month challenge and April it is! I have a few friends joining me, which will be fun.
    I can use those bits of info to round up how I did in March and they're where I can find them later to judge my success ... over all.

March results

I have lost just over 6 lbs.
    Bust down 1 inch
    Waist down 1 1/4 inches
    Hips down 1 inch.

I've just discovered coconut milk. Yum!
    I'm thinkin' I could use this instead of the cream cheese I've been enjoying. I am struggling a bit with getting rid of dairy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123