Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - tooround page 2

tooround is offline Senior Member

I chose not to have the fruit and cheese after all. Went to bed at a decent time instead.

Over 2000 cals yesterday! I can't believe it! 0.2 lbs loss! I've been reading my fitday goofily (is that a word?) My carbs were 56.6. I told a friend I was running about equal protien and carbs. I'll have to get back to her about that.

I'm at my daughter's for a couple of days. We're having a girls primal weekend. The first thing we did was go shopping for food.

It's fun!

We're eating really well. Doing a lot of walking and shopping walking

I did buy ketosticks for this little adventure but I think I will now be fine without them. Whenever I start voiding large amounts frequently, I test positive.

Also, I'm not tracking in fitday and am staying pretty well in ketosis so apparently I've got my foods figured out pretty well.

Since I'm away from home, I'm also away from my scale. I was using that first rapid swoosh for motivation. But, I'm OK. I guess I'm confident in the blueprint.

I love my daughter and I love my granddaughter but I'm sure glad to be home.

We went for a brisk walk this evening. I just ate a sausage and egg scamble. My lunch, for tomorrow, is packed. And now, I'm going to crawl into my own bed!

I've been off work for three days. Yes, just three days! I got stopped in the hall trying to explain to a group of coworkers how I look so "tiny".

I talked about meat, eggs, vegetables, butter ... whole natural foods, I said.

You should have seen the looks on their faces. You'd think I was talking about mushrooms from Mars or vegetables from Venus!

One of them sat down with me at lunch. "But, that looks good." She said.

Lawdy! It was broccoli, celery, tomatoes, almonds, salmon and salad dressing!

I think I've found a fairly reliable source of farm eggs. I'm really excited about that. Around here, there are lots of folks who have a few chickens but finding someone who will sell them is another story!

It was time for an assessment.

Since Mar 8th, I've lost almost 5 lbs. Almost, leaves me hovering over 130 and I'd much rather be under. This kind of petty frustration usually leads me to some kind of stupid "hurry up" trick like eating 700 or 800 cals and rambling away on the elliptical. Maybe even a laxative.

In an effort to encourage myself, I took my measurements again.

In four weeks ...

Bust-down 1 inch to 35.5

Waist down 1.5 inches to 27.5

Hips down 1 inch to 37

I've only been a good-ish primal for around two weeks of that, but it's plenty to keep me sure that I'm doing the right thing.

I'm going to do some reading today about fat loss. Maybe there's a little something I can tweak to get under my redline number on the scale. It'll be maintenance and general healthy, fitness care in another couple of pounds.

Beauty is offline Senior Member

You're doing great! Congratulations!

Thanks Beauty. I'm super excited today

I can't tell you how fabulous it feels to finally be on a sustainable plan!

I got two flats of eggs today!

I missed my eggs this morning. Cheese is just not the same!

I am under 130 lbs! And so freakin' happy, I could cry.

I love the food, it's working ... I'm just so happy!

I grew up in the country. My Mom would get some meat out of the freezer in the morning. She'd choose either something she had put in the freezer herself or a vegetable out of the garden. And we had potatos.

When I was counting calories, I chose a meat and made salad. And that is how I started primal too. Meat, veg and fat.

I had some kind of revelation in the grocery store this morning. I was looking at extra lean ground beef. Instead of the meat being the centerpiece, I should be thinking of all of my meal being a vehicle for fats. Protein not being the priority.

Man! It's hard to happily up fat content after all these years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast