Thread: I'm pretty damn happy right now page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Groningen, Netherlands

I'm pretty damn happy right now

Shop Now
    For months or so I have lost weight which I shouldn't, restricted calories, been confused about everything, not trusted my own body etc.
    But through all the continuous asking around on this forum (which you might consider "bad" or obsessive) I have actually slowly cleared things up, I learned a lot and lost a lot of confusion. I was so depressed at the beginning because I simply couldn't handle the idea of never eating bread again (now I don' understand why I ever liked it) and all those other SAD things. But right now everything seems so much easier, I know which foods are delicious and healthy, and I eat 5000 calories a day (more or less) and feel good about it, mentally and physically. And yes, I do count calories. I do this because if I don't this is what happens: I eat lunch, breakfast, and dinner untill I'm quite satisfied. But then later at night it turns out it wasn't enough an I end up eating tons of macadamias or cheese where as I could have been eating meat instead. So planning what to eat the next day simply helps me to get in enough healthy food. But that's another story.

Also I got SO RELIEVED, and lost SO MUCH STRESS. when I realized that it's not so bad to eat some (or a little more than some) good quality ice cream once in a while (yes i'm obsessed with ice cream ) Really, that monthly pint makes all the difference for me. When starting primal I thought it was extremely evil and deadly to EVER eat sugar EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

I feel better and more relaxed about food than I ever did before these past months. Sometimes I suddenly get depressed again but then I go for a walk or some sprints and my mind is all happy again .

I think I have a pretty decent 80/20
    My 20% is dairy (greek yogurt and raw cheese) 99% chocolate and soon a monthly pint after workouts because it makes me happy. And wheat and vegetable when I REALLY can't avoid it, I have no desire to eat it actually.

So, I'm still going to counseling to see if it makes me feel even better but I think I've come pretty far myself already.
    Thank you all for teaching me how to be healthy and happy
    well then

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you figured things out and you're happy. That's really important!
    My sorely neglected blog -

billp is offline Senior Member
    Great work Gadsie!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    pleased to hear it!