Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arthritis Update for those who are curious page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post
    For autoimmune issues I think it seems to very wildly for individuals. For many it is gluten for me I think it is a part of it but really seems to hit it when I have unnatural oils.

It is very rare I go off but I have had a bit of gluten here and there but to be honest in about 3 months have had something with gluten on 4 occasions and have not had any reaction from it. I eat lots of eggs and a fair amount of night shades as I like hot sauce etc. It seems to be the fats I eat as frankenfat destroys me in #2 land and now it gave me a flair up it seems.
    I'm realizing that the bad oils are a big problem for me as well. I think even more than gluten.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Amazon.com: Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food (9780615228389): Catherine Shanahan, Luke Shanahan: Books

Deep Nutrition by Catherine and Luke Shanahan

When you read Primal Blueprint and he talks about gene manipulation and expression or any other Paleo author it is many of the same things. When you or I read a study that they use to back up what they are saying I try to read the study.......I am not a Dr......I am a stock broker so this is the other end of the world for me.

This book brings it down to a level that I now have a deep understanding about what bad fats, gluten, hydrogenated oils, HFCS completely wreck shop on our DNA. We owe it to ourselves to learn more about why we eat this way. This one is a perfect companion with PB.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Update.....still have not had a Shot of Enbrel since that post. Have a minor flare up know and there but not that bad at all so no meds at all.

watrmlon is offline Junior Member

Cool Me too!

Update.....still have not had a Shot of Enbrel since that post. Have a minor flare up know and there but not that bad at all so no meds at all.
    I've had psoriatic arthritis since I was 22. I was amazed to see that after 3 weeks of following paleo my psoriasis on my elbows and legs has just about disappeared and the scale on my scalp is about 75% gone!

My arthritis has also remarkably improved. I take the minimum methotrexate and will be dropping that soon too.

MrSteel is offline Junior Member
    Have just joined this forum. What a great place to interact with like individuals! I too have PA, and am beginning a Paleo diet. My rheumatologist has me on sulfasalazine at the moment. I'm curious, as its been awhile, how are you doing now?

Congrats on the improvement! I started Primal because of the pain throughout my body (& a few other things) and have also seen great improvement. My next step is to begin omitting dairy (I know it messes with me) but that will be SO much harder than giving up gluten. I have not experimented with omitting nightshades, as I have not noticed a correlation. I really hope not as I love spaghetti squash with a meaty homemade pasta sauce. Please be sure to update us with everything - I find it just fascinating & wonderful to hear people's non-weight related success stories. They reassure me more & more about my decision to turn Primal (not to mention the direct results I have experienced, too).

Sunny_daze is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am following this discussion....IslandSeeker, If you ever do want to try to eliminate nightshades for a while, I found an amazing recipe for "No-mato sauce" here: The Primordial Table: NOmato Sauce (AIP)

It is a marinara that uses no tomatoes! I have made it a few time, add a little extra tbs or two of olive oil, and some basil and oregano at the end and it is truly tastes the real thing. I use it the same way I would with real marinara sauce....sauté an onion, garlic, broccoli or spinach, ground beef and mushrooms and then add the sauce. So good over spaghetti squash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_daze View Post
    Hi, I am following this discussion....IslandSeeker, If you ever do want to try to eliminate nightshades for a while, I found an amazing recipe for "No-mato sauce" here: The Primordial Table: NOmato Sauce (AIP)

It is a marinara that uses no tomatoes! I have made it a few time, add a little extra tbs or two of olive oil, and some basil and oregano at the end and it is truly tastes the real thing. I use it the same way I would with real marinara sauce....sauté an onion, garlic, broccoli or spinach, ground beef and mushrooms and then add the sauce. So good over spaghetti squash.
    Thanks! I will have try it even if I don't need to go nightshade free. Can't hurt

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

FLgirl is offline Junior Member
    Interesting thread here.. I have fibromyalgia and the beginnings of osteoarthritis. Went completely gluten free in Feb of this year. It has made quite a difference in my pain levels. They are a bit less. I am still struggling with sugar though which I believe is causing me problems. I am in a household of non paleo people, my husband, our two daughters and my mother. Taking it a day at a time.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

MrSteel is offline Junior Member
    I have given up the dairy which was very hard as I lived for milk and cheese! I tried some chocolate almond milk the other day however, and it is amazing! Never would have known the difference. Have been cooking with coconut oil too. Over all, joint pain has gone down.
    Definetly going to try that marinara sauce! I want to see if eliminating night shades have any effects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast