Thread: dealing with osteoporosis page

pphrog is offline Junior Member

dealing with osteoporosis

Primal Fuel
    Hi,
    Is anyone here successfully dealing with osteoporosis with just diet and exercise? I am currently on medication but have heard bad things and would like to get off. Thanks

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pphrog View Post
    Hi,
    Is anyone here successfully dealing with osteoporosis with just diet and exercise? I am currently on medication but have heard bad things and would like to get off. Thanks
    Ron Rosedale – Healthy Bones | Me and My Diabetes

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin D3 plus high dose vitamin K2 and magnesium. I believe that high dose K2 is the first line treatment for osteoporosis in Japan.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Vitamin D3 plus high dose vitamin K2 and magnesium. I believe that high dose K2 is the first line treatment for osteoporosis in Japan.
    I just wrote a paper on Osteoporosis (Chinese med school.) I agree with the above recommendations and also urge you to check out Qi Gong. It has a good track record with reversing mild osteoporosis and stopping more severe forms.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a doctor. This is all stuff I and my classmates gleaned from research articles. You do your own research, this is just a starting point. Discuss this with your ND,MD, L.Ac, DO, etc., ESPECIALLY if you are on any medications as there are contraindications.

Here are a few bits from my paper:

Stomach Acid - HCL adequacy: You can use apple cider vinegar, bitters, Betaine HCL (lymph type: vinegars first)

Food: bone broth should be consumed daily.

Bone building supplements:

multi-vitamin + supplement with Ca, Mg, Vit D, Vit K, others.

Vit D: 2,000IU daily -10,000IU daily, liquid not capsule

Ca: 600-1200mg/day

Mg: 300-600mg/day

Vit K: 100-1000 ug/day

B6: 10-25mg; folic acid (0.4-5.0 mg);

zinc (10-30mg), copper (1-3 mg); manganese (3-20mg); boron (1-3 mg), silicon (1-5 mg); Strontium 2-6 mg; (some cases 170-680mg/day)

A new study in the Archives of Medicine (published online May 21, 2012) questions the theory of treating osteoporosis with bisphosphonate drugs. The study found those taking bisphosphonate drugs less than two years were 35 times more likely to have an atypical bone fracture. For patients who took the medications for two to five years, there was a 47 fold increase in atypical fractures. Women who took the drugs for five to nine years had a 117 fold increase and those that took the prescriptions over nine years were 176 times more likely to suffer an atypical fracture.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I just wrote a paper on Osteoporosis (Chinese med school.) I agree with the above recommendations and also urge you to check out Qi Gong. It has a good track record with reversing mild osteoporosis and stopping more severe forms.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a doctor. This is all stuff I and my classmates gleaned from research articles. You do your own research, this is just a starting point. Discuss this with your ND,MD, L.Ac, DO, etc., ESPECIALLY if you are on any medications as there are contraindications.

Here are a few bits from my paper:

Stomach Acid - HCL adequacy: You can use apple cider vinegar, bitters, Betaine HCL (lymph type: vinegars first)

Food: bone broth should be consumed daily.

Bone building supplements:

multi-vitamin + supplement with Ca, Mg, Vit D, Vit K, others.

Vit D: 2,000IU daily -10,000IU daily, liquid not capsule

Ca: 600-1200mg/day

Mg: 300-600mg/day

Vit K: 100-1000 ug/day

B6: 10-25mg; folic acid (0.4-5.0 mg);

zinc (10-30mg), copper (1-3 mg); manganese (3-20mg); boron (1-3 mg), silicon (1-5 mg); Strontium 2-6 mg; (some cases 170-680mg/day)

A new study in the Archives of Medicine (published online May 21, 2012) questions the theory of treating osteoporosis with bisphosphonate drugs. The study found those taking bisphosphonate drugs less than two years were 35 times more likely to have an atypical bone fracture. For patients who took the medications for two to five years, there was a 47 fold increase in atypical fractures. Women who took the drugs for five to nine years had a 117 fold increase and those that took the prescriptions over nine years were 176 times more likely to suffer an atypical fracture.
    Are your recommendations here for Vitamin K2? There is an important distinction between the different forms of K in this context.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely.

pphrog is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for the information. I have been on bisphosphonate drugs for at least 5 years. I really need to find an alternative doctor.