Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety page 2

Shop Now
    Meditation and positive affirmations help perk me up.

Affirmations - Positive Words for Improving Your Life

Sars is offline Junior Member
    I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder last year (age 21), but through talk therapy, realized it was actually sub-clinical social anxiety. I was put on an SSRI by my MD, but I didn't really found it ever helped with the anxiety (it did clear up some depressive symptoms I had though). Any real relief I found was through a combination of CBT and mindfulness based therapy, where you pay attention to the anxiety rather than trying to stuff it down and ignore it. Being aware of the anxiety in the moment it happens helps the CBT along too, because its easier to pinpoint what is really the source of the anxiety. Just over a year later, I'm coming off my antidepressant and feel more confident than ever. I would definitely recommend the CBT approach, especially if you can find a therapist you can really trust and that won't take your bullshit excuses not to do the homework.

mystifiedu is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The best thing to try supplement wise for stress and depression and you don't want to take "meds " for it is red reishi mushroom, it works wonders at assisting your body at balancing it out so it runs properly as it is meant to. It has helped me a lot with my stress/ depresion levels since my job loss and the months of working to when I knew I no longer would be working any more. It has also assisted with my poor sleep, chemical sensitivity and keeps me in a more mellowed mood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12