Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: an observation page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'm the opposite. I have had no problem eliminating breads and flour-based baked goods and I don't want a weak substitute. I'm interested in primal recipes that focus on non CW ways of preparing food. There are so many great primal things to eat that I don't miss bread. I do indulge in bread, pizza, desserts now and then and I have the real thing. But they don't have the hold over me that they once did.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I make grain free baked goods for my 14 yr. old. He eats mostly paleo so I don't see any problem with him having home made treats. We are in this for the long haul and I don't want him to feel like he is on a diet. On special occasions I'll make a paleo cake or tart that we all enjoy. My husband and I generally don't miss the baked goods, with the exception of pizza, DH really likes pizza. I've tried a few different kinds and he is pretty happy with them. We only make pizza once every couple of months.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think everyone has their own version...
    It seems like a lot of primal "treats" are posted by people with families and maybe kids and husbands that want "normal" foods. You know, kid wants a cupcake, better it be primal.
    +1
    mostly i do it for the kids. if i want junk, i make junk (though i usually make it gluten free because then i have fewer after-effects of eating it). since one of my kids doesn't like eating meat and veg for breakfast every morning, i make her primalized pancakes. same for tortillas: the kids will eat taco salad, but sometimes they really want the extra carbs in my tapioca tortillas, so i make some for them. i don't think it's necessary to be so strict with my kids, so i'm happy to oblige them once in a while.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I'm not really into fake baking, either. If I want a treat, I have something that I like that doesn't have grains in it (e.g. ice cream or chocolate).

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    A lot of people are in denial. Mostly they are seeking only weight loss rather than optimum health
    Bingo. And they want results without doing too much research on what and why.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12