Thread: When Grok grunts, people listen. page

Buzz is offline Junior Member

When Grok grunts, people listen.

Greetings everyone, My name is Scott - aka "Buzz"

Yes, I am new to Grok and the primal blueprint.
    First, a big thanks to Mark and all of you for the hard work and inspiration that obviously has been put into this site.
    And now for my history: I am 50 yrs old, 6 ft tall, and 265lbs (think pre-transformation PAPA GROK, aka Daveman - without the beard). I have a wonderful wife and three great children, all of which are way more physically fit than myself.

I own my own commercial refrigeration repair business and my oldest son Jared works with me. Jared is the one that linked me to Marks site. I used to be very fit (180 lbs w/abs) but life and poor choices have taken their toll.

I drink way to much beer and also LOVE to cook - and eat - mostly the wrong foods! The bad news for me is that I love bread and pasta and beans and..... well a lot of the bad stuff. The GOOD news for me is that I also LOVE a lot
    of the good stuff! Fish - YES! Pork - YES! Steak - YOU BETCHA! (and it better moo when I cut it! - rare) and eggs, veggies, etc..

This web site and its inspirational stories have put jumper cables on my almost dead battery and prompted me to
    not only read as much of it as possible but also to buy both the Primal Blueprint and the cookbook.
    I'm just starting but I plan on posting my progress and pics asap. I can't stress enough to ALL who read this just how important it is to post your stories and pics!! Extremely Powerful Stuff!

God Bless,
    Buzz

PS - If you are reading this Jared, Thanks man, this site is awesome.

Hooligan Jones is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose123 View Post
    Pictures of bin Laden's dead body, published - a major no-no in the Muslin world and religion - would merely inflame the Middle East and cause the deaths of more American soldiers. If you rank your need to be convinced over the lives of U.S. troops, maybe you're a citizen of the wrong country.

Also, if you think it will take 3 years for Obama to release more evidence, then you must be expecting him to be in his second term by then. Didn't know you liked having him around that much...
    Don't see how this applies to Buzz's post, but WHATEVER...

You go Buzz! Nobody bats 1.000, so don't worry if wander off the ranch now and then. the 80/20 rule! Good luck, and good hunting

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose123 View Post
    Pictures of bin Laden's dead body, published - a major no-no in the Muslin world and religion - would merely inflame the Middle East and cause the deaths of more American soldiers. If you rank your need to be convinced over the lives of U.S. troops, maybe you're a citizen of the wrong country.

Also, if you think it will take 3 years for Obama to release more evidence, then you must be expecting him to be in his second term by then. Didn't know you liked having him around that much...
    This political baiting is absolutely uncalled for, Rose123, and I have reported you for trolling. You have a problem with that, you and me can take it to IM.

Good luck Buzz! You can do it! You'll soon find that eating real food and getting some real exercise will turn around years of damage!

Thanks for the encouraging posts!
    And yeah, I didn't respond to rose123 because I don't believe that this is a relative topic for this forum.
    We all have our political beliefs, but the focus here is to improve our lives, not have political debates.
    Hooligan Jones & Spubba - thanks again for the kind words.

springnr is offline Senior Member
    Rose123 = spambot, its first post

My desert used to be bread, pasta, beans, taters, etc

When I started I thought yeah this will last, not, but it has.
    Had a slice of pizza from a supposed "to die for" pizza place last weekend ~ meh, cardboard crust, so taste change.
    Last edited by springnr; 06-03-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    springnr,

I'm drooling...... pizza rules! But alas, along with many other no-no fav's of mine, it will be only a very occasional treat.
    I'm all-in on the primal blueprint, but I don't think (for me personally) that going cold turkey on ALL of it all at once is a good idea.
    Rather, cut way back on a lot of it and eventually - hopefully - cut most or all of it out totally. Like I said this is for ME, others may need, or want to cut everything all at once. Already changed what's in daily intake - lots more meat and veggies and almost no grains, etc..

Thanks springnr,

Buzz