Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Male Issues: Low Libido...BUT! Having (Sorry for being frank) Wet Dreams? page 3

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelli88 View Post
    Has any other male experienced this on the Primal diet? The primary symptom is odd to have to begin with (Low libido). I've had it so long it doesn't bother me anymore though, so this is not my primary issue, and is not the reason why I am posting this thread. I plan on recovering it without upping my carbs. Instead, I am going to up my fats and see if this helps.

My issue of focus lies within a particular scenario..I usually have a low libido, and it's normally gone during the day and partially exists in the mornings. However, I find that even though I have a very low libido, I am still having wet dreams? Has any other male experienced this issue while on this diet, or just in general? Could you explain what helped you and/or why this may be happening to me? Any help or insight is appreciated.
    not going to read the responses so forgive me if someone touched on this already.

you have two things going on.

Screwed up circadian rhythm. your body is releasing you testosterone at a time when you shoudl not be.

conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

get a sex panel done and figure out what you need to adjust. my guess is that you need to focus on fixing your circadian rhythm and the rest will solve itself
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Jovana is offline Member
    wow Grizz... I didn't realise how compliated iodine supplementing can be i.e. not only do I need to take iodine but also magnesium, vitamin c, selenium! I might get a test done to see if I'm deficient before investing so much time and effort.

Also my thyroid hormones don't work and I read somewhere on the iodine thread that Thyroxine (which I think is T4) is mainly just iodine.... so I'm not sure if i should be supplementing on top of that. But if Thyroxine is mainly just iodine, I definitely need to ask my endocronologist why I'm not taking T3...

no thyroid? Hashis or Graves? No? CT

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Read the Danny Roddy weblog. Also, East West Healing.com, Lita Lee for thyroid info etc.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    This is VERY interesting. Did your old BF not know how to give you orgasms? Or did he not bother?
    I've got one who was taught well but all the skill in the world doesn't make up for one single mean comment. One single hurtful thing said is enough to undo any amount of skill. And once turned off, the drive sublimates only to come out in dreams. Freud said that dreams are wishes fulfilled.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    wow Grizz... I didn't realise how compliated iodine supplementing can be i.e. not only do I need to take iodine but also magnesium, vitamin c, selenium! I might get a test done to see if I'm deficient before investing so much time and effort.

Also my thyroid hormones don't work and I read somewhere on the iodine thread that Thyroxine (which I think is T4) is mainly just iodine.... so I'm not sure if i should be supplementing on top of that. But if Thyroxine is mainly just iodine, I definitely need to ask my endocronologist why I'm not taking T3...
    Jovana,
    Your thyroid doesn't work because you are severely deficient in iodine. Thyroid meds DO NOT supply iodine to your sick thyroid, they simply provide the missing thyroid hormones that your sick thyroid can no longer produce. There is only one way to heal your thyroid and that is to take Lugols iodine with the required supplements. The rest of your body also requires iodine.. Every cell in your body requires iodine, and most of the iodine receptors in your body have been replaced with toxic chemicals of Bromide, Fluoride & chlorine that will eventually cause serious health problems such as fibrocystic breasts, pcos, endo, cysts & prostate BPH & related cancers.
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Doctors make no attempt to cure your condition, they only want to treat it for life. There is NO money to be made curing people. So bottom line you need both iodine to cure your thyroid AND the thyroid meds temporarily until your thyroid heals itself. You should find that over time, you can reduce your thyroid meds as your thyroid heals.

Iodine is also required to prevent fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, Cysts in women and prostate problems in men. Preventing these problems also prevents related cancers.

Your test is easy. Simply paint a patch of Lugols iodine from Amazon.Com on your wrist. If it disappears in less than 24 hours, you are deficient. When I started on iodine, my patch test disappeared in 3 minutes!

For more, see Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also see this testimonial that just came in:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post854782

Learn to chart your body temperature to adjust your thyroid meds:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-04-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    not going to read the responses so forgive me if someone touched on this already.

you have two things going on.

Screwed up circadian rhythm. your body is releasing you testosterone at a time when you shoudl not be.

conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

get a sex panel done and figure out what you need to adjust. my guess is that you need to focus on fixing your circadian rhythm and the rest will solve itself
    I go to bed between 12-1AM. I don't think that would completely ruin my libido, seeing as my twin brother parties like crazy and doesn't go to bed till 2-4am. If it was a matter of circadian rhythm, why would my overall libido be low? I do believe I need to get to bed sooner and improve my sleeping rhythm, but I doubt this would completely cause my low libido.

What's a sex panel and where do you get it done?? I'll look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    no thyroid? Hashis or Graves? No? CT
    Never had any of these checked, ever. I have no idea, but I do believe I may be iodine deficient. I also had low Vit D levels (36, I believe) when I had my test taken early April. However, I have been out in the sun A LOT and taking Vitamin D, so i doubt it's that low anymore. What's CT??

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Jovana,
    Your thyroid doesn't work because you are severely deficient in iodine. Thyroid meds DO NOT supply iodine to your sick thyroid, they simply provide the missing thyroid hormones that your sick thyroid can no longer produce. There is only one way to heal your thyroid and that is to take Lugols iodine with the required supplements. The rest of your body also requires iodine.. Every cell in your body requires iodine, and most of the iodine receptors in your body have been replaced with toxic chemicals of Bromide, Fluoride & chlorine that will eventually cause serious health problems such as fibrocystic breasts, pcos, endo, cysts & prostate BPH & related cancers.
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Doctors make no attempt to cure your condition, they only want to treat it for life. There is NO money to be made curing people. So bottom line you need both iodine to cure your thyroid AND the thyroid meds temporarily until your thyroid heals itself. You should find that over time, you can reduce your thyroid meds as your thyroid heals.

Iodine is also required to prevent fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, Cysts in women and prostate problems in men. Preventing these problems also prevents related cancers.

Your test is easy. Simply paint a patch of Lugols iodine from Amazon.Com on your wrist. If it disappears in less than 24 hours, you are deficient. When I started on iodine, my patch test disappeared in 3 minutes!

For more, see Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also see this testimonial that just came in:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post854782

Learn to chart your body temperature to adjust your thyroid meds:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

Grizz
    My Iodine (Lugol's) + Kelp should be received by the end of today, so I'll keep you posted on my reactions, dosages, etc..I may just start with Lugol's and see what happens, since it's pure Iodine. I used to take Kelp, which was what I reacted to, or broke out from.

Thanks again Grizz, appreciate your courtesy and effort to help people recognize this dilemma.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelli88 View Post
    I go to bed between 12-1AM. I don't think that would completely ruin my libido, seeing as my twin brother parties like crazy and doesn't go to bed till 2-4am. If it was a matter of circadian rhythm, why would my overall libido be low? I do believe I need to get to bed sooner and improve my sleeping rhythm, but I doubt this would completely cause my low libido.

What's a sex panel and where do you get it done?? I'll look into this.
    5 - sex hormones and standard American codes
    Cortisol CPT Code: 82533
    Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate CPT Code: 82627
    Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) CPT Code: 82651
    Estradiol CPT Code: 82670
    Estrogens, Total CPT Code: 82672
    Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH), Serum CPT Code: 83001
    Growth Hormone-binding Protein CPT Code: 83519
    Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) CPT Code: 84305
    Luteinizing Hormone (LH), Serum CPT Code: 83002
    Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry CPT Code: 84140
    Progesterone CPT Code: 84144
    Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA), Serum CPT Code: 84153
    Sex Hormone-binding Globulin, Serum CPT Code: 84270
    Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone CPT Code: 84402; 84403
    Prolactin CPT Code: 84146

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast