Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Paleo May 2012 - Journal page 2

jllundqu is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Ok!

Massive update...

I was doing awesome on PBF and the eating. My weight was down to 169lbs and my strength and endurance were fantastic! Then my office informed me they were moving me from Kansas City to Phoenix in August 2012. I COMPLETELY fell off the paleo wagon! High stress, money was tight, holidays, etc. All excuses, I know, but it happened none the less.

My weight is back up to 186 and I have not worked out in awhile....BUT!!!!! I COMMITTED to picking it back up this year. I figured I was doing so well, I'll take another crack at it...

I bought my Paleo food, supplements, got a pullup bar for the office, I am ready. I will update with my current weight when I officially start on Thursday January 10, 2013. My goal weight will be 20lbs less than what I weigh in at. I will be taking before/after photos to post, as well.

I will be posting more often so I can document my progress and really keep myself motivated more than anything.
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

UPDATE # 2

My wife is MUCH more onboard with my Paleo goals, this time around. We talked about it and she understands that this is not a fad or a diet, but a lifestyle I am dedicating to. We are in it together, now.

Let's DO THIS!

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Starting tomorrow! Weighing in tonight, doing before photos, good stuff. If this goes anything like round 1 went last year, I should lose 3lbs per week VERY FAST and gain my strength back just as fast. I should drop close to 20lbs in 2-3 months and start to really lean up. When I ended my last Paleo routine, I was a fully funtional level in PBF, I could do 2 sets - 55 Pushups, 2 sets - 12 pullups/chinups, 2 sets - 50 squats, the planks, and the press. Mark says that if you can do that you are a "1 in a thousand physical specimen!"

Let's see how long it takes me to get back to that level!

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

~ Abraham Lincoln

Front.JPG
    Side.jpg
    OK! Round 2 begins!

Weighed in at 185.4 lbs this morning. Took my 'before' pics.

Had a nice smoothie this morning: Full-fat coconut milk, one raw egg, 1 scoop protein powder, a few frozen strawberries and blueberries.

Also started my Primal Essentials Supplements: Probiotic, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, and a Multi

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

~ Abraham Lincoln

OK! So far so good...

I've been at it for a full week and have kept my carbs to under 75g/day. Typically, my meals look like this:

Breakfast - Smoothie: 1/3 can full-fat coconut milk, a few blueberries and strawberries, flax, protien powder, one raw egg.
    Lunch - Canned Sardines in olive oil, large can V8, some extra sharp cheddar
    Snack - Sliced carrots and almond butter
    Dinner - Chicken breast cooked in Coconut oil/butter, peppers, onions, squash, etc. OR hamburger using lettuce as bun with
    onions, cheese, etc.

I may sneak in a small piece of extra dark chocolate +85% cacao if I feel like it...

I'm working out 5-days a week following PBF - 2 cycles ea of the 5 essential movements (2 days), walk/jog/elliptical for 45-60 min (2 days), and I do sprints on Fridays (6 x 50 yard sprints).

I will weigh myself every Thursday and update as needed. Right now I'm looking at 3-4 lbs per week at this pace...

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

~ Abraham Lincoln

Ok... it's been 2 weeks and I am down 6 pounds! And I haven't even started my sprints yet! I am getting great PBF workouts in but still working through some soreness and recovery issues, so I have not been doing sprints yet. I'll start those next week. Had a couple hickups over the past 2 weeks where I ate some non-paleo things, but overwhelmingly been stayin strong. We'll see what happens over the next two weeks.

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

~ Abraham Lincoln

I think I killed my fat-burning transition... I ate almost a whole veggie meatloaf. It was delicious and then my wife tells me it was made of mostly saltine crackers (carbs!) I think I may need to restart the clock!!! lol

CW- 179.8 lbs

MY PALEO JOURNAL

~ Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12