Thread: 2 month update page

friesiangrl is offline Member

2 month update - PICS

Primal Fuel
    Tomorrow marks 60 days of clean eating for me and the fat is still melting off! I didn't have massive amounts of fat to lose, but enough to make me want it GONE. :P

Here's the timeline:

Feb 2012 - weighed in at 156 and felt disgusting.
    April 2012 - weighed in at 152 and still felt disgusting. Trying to out run a bad diet wasn't working very well. Knees were killing me and I was always hungry no matter how much I ate.

Found the PB on April 2nd.

June 1, 2012 - weighed in at 146 and feel fantastic!!! My pants are loose, i feel more athletic, less sluggish and never, ever hungry.

So, I'd like to get down to 140, which is "bikini model" shape for my height of 5'9". I'll check back in another couple of months and we'll see where we're at! This lifestyle is THE BEST!

I suppose I should provide some pics, huh? Let me see what I can drum up.

UPDATE - Well, it's nearly three months now, but I finally got around to taking some pics of myself. I've lost 10 lbs as of last month. (I weigh in every 4 weeks out of curiosity, and tomorrow marks 4 weeks since the last)

So, here you are. Me, 10+ lbs lighter than I was when I started (Feb, CW; Apr, PB)
    photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by friesiangrl; 06-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

allthings is offline Junior Member
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pics

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

SLB0404 is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

I was just wondering what sort of 'clean eating' you're doing...? I assume you've eliminated dairy and maybe even fruit? Are you drinking wine or eating dark chocolate? do you follow a certain exercise pattern?
    I'm only asking because my starting weight is the same as yours as is my goal weight - I'm 3 weeks in and there's progress but I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can!

Thanks for answering my questions

Sofia

I think of "clean eating" as removing as much processed manufactured food stuff as possible.

The major change was eliminating all grains, in all of their forms, and staying away from the processed manufactured food stuff. I love my cheese and cream, so I still do eat dairy, but in moderation. I don't feel the need for milk, as long as I have my cream (for coffee, frozen fruit and such). I do have frozen fruit with cream for an occasional afternoon snack (blueberries, strawberries or blackberries). On Saturday mornings I make Banana/Almond pancakes (the chocolate version is amazing!), so I would say that I do still eat fruit.

I LOFF dark (baking) chocolate, 100% cocoa, and have found all kinds of fun things to do with it. I eat it nearly every day. There are tons of "Paleo" friendly recipies on the net, on this site (the two free e-cook books are great!) and in various cookbooks available ("Make it Paleo" and "Everyday Paleo" are good ones that I have) that can give you all kinds of ideas for meal planning.

When I need a bit of sweetness, I use powdered Stevia.

There is more meat and good fat (olive oil, butter, bacon fat, coconut oil) in my diet than ever before. As a result, I'm not hungry and feel full on much, much less food. The lower carb, higher protien and fat has made it possible for me to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry. (before I couldn't trust it because I was hungry all the time!)

I also am eating more vegetables than ever before.

I don't buy booze (too expensive!) but will have a social glass of wine/beer on occasion, at gatherings and such. It's not part of my daily routine though.

I own and ride horses (caring for them is a fair amount of exercise in itself!), walk frequently (45 minutes 4-5 days week), and a few times a week run through the basic exercises in Mark's guide to fitness (push ups, pull ups, squats and planking). I used to run 5 miles 5 days a week, but my knees can no longer keep up with that level of abuse, so while I still enjoy it, and may run occasionally, I don't on a regular basis anymore.

Everyone is different. I suppose if I wanted to lose more fat faster, I could cut out the dairy and fruit, but I'm still making progress towards my goal and happy with the way I feel/look so as long as my jeans keep getting looser, I'll continue on the path I've been the past two months.

The best part of all of this is the food tastes delicious!
    Last edited by friesiangrl; 06-06-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Working on it.

SLB0404 is offline Junior Member
    Great - I guess I'm pretty much there then! I stopped eating sugar, pasta, pizza, bread (the usual carbs) in March and then found this website 1 month ago and stopped all else (beans, honey, legumes, oatmeal etc). As it is I don't get takeaway food and always make my lunches at home but in being so particular I started cutting out anything which I thought may be slowing down my progress - which is kind of the opposite of eating naturally and listening to your body.... I DID notice that the more fat I ate the more I accidentally would 'forget' to eat because I wasn't hungry... but then I got worried at the massive amounts of fat I was eating.

I found a place here that does 99 and 100% chocolate which I've felt guilty eating in the past, same with berries... even as I type that it sounds silly! But thanks for sharing your 'meal set ups', makes me feel like I shouldn't be restricting myself and it's really reassuring to know that it's not necessary to cut these things out to lose a significant amount of weight (just maybe some patience and persistence ...?)

Wow, you do a lot of 'play' daily for exercise! you must really love your horses

Thanks for all of the really clear answers, it helps to know that (even though everyone's body is different) it's not necessary to deprive myself of certain things in order to see change.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing an amazing job!

Thanks! The Paleo life was made for me (or is it the other way around? )

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats!

I'm the same height as you and used to be at your goal weight. I felt best at 135-140lbs and hope I can get there. Starting from a higher weight though, but still your story is promising and I hope to have a similar one.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal