Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caffeine? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Caffeine?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone give up caffeine and feel significantly better????

I have had blood work done and my Adrenal Gland is now fried. I'm sure from being a caffeine junky and living a high stress lifestyle.

I'm finally ready to give up the caffeine so I can claim some of my energy back!!!

I just need a little support.

Thanks guys!!!!

John Nugent is offline Junior Member
    You will feel so much beter when you do. There wil be wold turkey for a day or more. Get through it and you'll start to feel great.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    NO WAY IN HELL!!!! They will have to pry my coffee mug from my cold dead hand! I have eliminated many foods in my diet but the one thing that remains constant is good black coffee.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I definitely feel way better with coffee. It's either coffee or antidepressants for me. I choose coffee.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I once eliminated coffee (I do drink it again, but much less than I did before) and I am prone to migraines (at least at that time I was since I have been headache free for two years now, but that is another story). I knew there was a possibility of getting a big headache if I went cold turkey, so I weaned myself off over a two week period and experienced no adverse symptoms of withdrawal. I did this by reducing the amount I drank by 25% for a few days, then another 25% for a few days, etc. until I was down to about a third of a cup (a real cup, not a big ass mug) first thing in the morning. Then after a couple of days with that last bit, stopping altogether.

Totally doable.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I am back on coffee but really not a coffee drinker most of my life, was thinking about this on my walk this morning. Endocrinologists like Diana Shwarzbein says it's bad for the adrenal ie don't get addicted to stimulants. Probably good advice. Otoh I like the caffeine boost- 1-2 cups a day isn't that much.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    they can pry the coffee out of my cold, dead, neolithic hands.

lizmint is offline Junior Member
    I think the fact that people feel so strongly about coffee and other caffeine containing substances speaks volumes about its addictive properties. I gave up caffeine years ago because I had a withdrawal headache every morning and I couldn't see how that was good for my health. If I have a coffee now (I very rarely do) I feel jittery and wired and my appetite goes crazy the next day. It took me a good few weeks to kick the caffeine, but I think I'm particularly sensitive to it so it probably wouldn't take most people as long. For me caffeine is a big no no, at least on a par with gluten, but maybe that's just me.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I gave up coffee about three years ago, but to be honest, I didn't feel any different when I didn't drink it. Didn't have more energy, and I certainly didn't sleep better! I'm back on now with a vengeance, and I love it.

I think it's bad for everyone's kidneys, but possibly it affects people's constitution differently? I never get jittery - it just makes me more energetic.

edit: Although I've noticed in the last few days that I get a headache in the morning if I don't have my morning cup. Totally addicted..!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I am so hooked on Gevalia Peruvian organic with 1 TBS heavy cream.

I take a mug of it outside with me as soon as I get up, check on things, listen to the birds, give thanks that I'm alive and well.
    It's the only caffeine I have all day except for the small amt in green tea & dark choc. Can't give it up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast