Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Caffeine? page 4

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I drink it, not because I need coffee, but I enjoy the taste, and smell.
    Me too.

A few years ago I switched to decaff because I was worried about what caffeine was doing to me. I still enjoyed a cup of regular coffee on occasion but not often. It certainly tastes better than decaff, which made it a real treat.

I've recently switched back to caffeinated coffee. I do feel a little different and I'm in the process of adjusting my sleep- which is not that much of a problem, but shoot... for the cost (about half the price of decaff) and the taste (1000x better than decaff), I'm willing to make some sacrifices.

Besides, I don't really believe caffeinated coffee is really "bad" for you. Some people handle it differently than others, so I suppose it's a highly personal thing. It may be really bad for some. Others may do better with it.

For me, I just really like it. I "need" it every morning psychologically because it's... well, it's part of my morning. It's not a need for caffeine, without which I'd die. A good cup of (usually black) coffee is my favorite breakfast. The smell, the taste. It's warm and comforting, and strong.

Edit: It's like enjoying wine for me too. Different flavors and roasts, various brands and brew types. I absolutely LOVE coffee from a French press, and my local coffee house has some AMAZING organics.
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 09-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Cori, awesome post.

This Saturday will mark a month without coffee for me (as well as yerba mate and cacao). I wasn't really "addicted" -- I had a bad headache for one day, and then it was over. When I first started drinking coffee around two years ago, an 8 ounce cup could keep me energized for nearly 24 hours. It was an awesome feeling. Whenever I decide to reincorporate coffee into my diet, I'm going to keep it at no more than one cup per week. A cup a day just doesn't work well for me.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Oh goodness.. the love and hate affair with coffee! I know I am sensitive to it, but yes, I am addicted. I've given up heaps of times over the years, getting bad withdrawal headaches. Then I feel tired and floppy for a few dayss. BUT, as I'm on blood pressure med after having a baby I found that with blood pressure meds keeping vessels dilated.. no caffiene with drawal headaches!!!

I know I should not be drinking coffee because it does increase blood pressure...but it tastes so good...its the hit. Bad bad coffee......

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I gave it up for a while, felt slightly better initially, but then didn't really notice the results people were claiming. I started feeling much like I was ON the caffeine again after 30 days or so. it was only initially that I felt better.

So I introduced it back in. I actually think that the benefits I've been seeing from the antioxidants in tea have been extrodinary. Maybe not life-changing, but enough to justify any slight negatives from the caffeine.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    i had my caffeine addiction to TEA! At most I'd have 3 cups per day...REusing tea bags. Some people are just more sensitive to stimulants, etc and I'm "some people!"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I was definitely born into the wrong timeframe. And only by a decade or so. Drugs... gone. Cigarettes... gone. Alcohol... almost gone. Sex with strangers... gone.

Coffee? Still here. And I hope they put my ashes in my little stove top espresso maker.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I was definitely born into the wrong timeframe. And only by a decade or so. Drugs... gone. Cigarettes... gone. Alcohol... almost gone. Sex with strangers... gone.

Coffee? Still here. And I hope they put my ashes in my little stove top espresso maker.
    +1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234