Thread: Does dietary cholesterol increase serum cholesterol? page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

Does dietary cholesterol increase serum cholesterol?

Shop Now
    Or, does my body regulate cholesterol to some level (even if that level is too high). One reason I am reluctant to do all out PB is not so much concern about saturated fats, but dietary cholesterol. Thanks for your help.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Your body regulates it. From what I've heard, saturated fat actually affects cholesterol levels more than dietary cholesterol itself. You should be fine. The only case where this is not true is familial hypercholesterolemia.

I actually found a paleohacks post yesterday where a guy LOWERED his LDL by eating MORE cholesterol:
    LDL high? Increase your cholesterol intake. The elephant in the room? - PaleoHacks.com

Anyway, unless you have some really funky numbers or the total gets above 275 or so, I would not worry at all.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I am one of the high-fat guinea pigs around here and my cholesterol numbers are EXCELLENT! Much better than they were before Primal.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread55951.html

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Known by most folks as "the lipid hypothosis" and by others as the "dietary fat/cholestrol theory", the theory that dietary lipids impact blood cholesterol has been proven to be incorrect.

The Lipid Hypothesis Has Officially Failed (Part 1 of many) - GNOLLS.ORG

The Truth About Ancel Keys: We’ve All Got It Wrong Raw Food SOS

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Or, does my body regulate cholesterol to some level (even if that level is too high). One reason I am reluctant to do all out PB is not so much concern about saturated fats, but dietary cholesterol. Thanks for your help.
    The straight dope on cholesterol
    Eating cholesterol has very little impact on the cholesterol levels in your body. This is a fact, not my opinion. Anyone who tells you different is, at best, ignorant of this topic. At worst, they are a deliberate charlatan. Years ago the Canadian Guidelines removed the limitation of dietary cholesterol. The rest of the world, especially the United States, needs to catch up.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    If you eat more cholesterol, you are just doing your liver a favor, as it won't have to produce as much. Seeing as though cholesterol is the building block of all of your body's hormones, I would say that in about a decade you'll see cholesterol levels that are "safe" that are much higher than what they tell you nowadays, as long as your hdl/ldl ldl/vldl and trig levels are all healthy as well.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Good podcast for you.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.