Thread: Favorite Salad Dressings page

Rajdawg is offline Junior Member

Favorite Salad Dressings

Shop Now
    Ok what is everyones favorite salad dressings they make for their BAS

I am just going primal but there was a blue cheese dressing posted on this forum that I cant wait to try

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I just use red wine vinegar it tastes awesome with the fried eggs and white cheddar cheese I put on my BAS

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I usually just drizzle on some oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.

I do make a Caesar based on this recipe. Instead of the peanut oil, I use about 1/4 cup of avocado oil and 3/4 cup of refined olive oil. I also make it in a blender instead of whisking by hand. I blend up everything but the oil, cheese, salt and pepper. Then I slowly drizzle the oil into the running blender. It ends up with a mayonnaise-like consistency. This is the same basic method I use to make mayo, actually. I usually don't add the cheese at all. I prefer it grated on my salads separately. This makes an awesome dip for artichokes, too.

kaspegren is offline Junior Member
    Wow! That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try your recipe! My usual go to is just olive oil & vinegar (any kind) with fresh herbs, salt & pepper. I'm loving the primal way of life!

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Western Colorado
    I am partial to creamy dressings (though a raspberry-walnut balsamic vinagrette is nice) and today was my mayo and salad dressing making day.

Blue Cheese: 1/3 c mayo, 1/3 c greek yogurt (or more mayo if you don't do dairy), 1-2 T lemon juice, 1/4 t garlic powder or fine-minced garlic, 2-3 T crumbled blue cheese. Yum.

Thousand Island: 1/3 C mayo, 1/3 C greek yogurt, finely minced dill pickle (a couple of little baby dills), 1-2 T homemade ketchup, 1/2 t honey (optional!), just a bit of water to thin slightly, if needed. Husband says yum.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Ontario Canada
    Shop Now
    Salad Dressing And Vinaigrettes | Paleo Diet Lifestyle

This is the caesar dressing that I make (minus the worchestershire and I use white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinegar). I LOVE IT!!!! Delicious Real Caesar Salad Dressing (Primal)