Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why do overweight people get hungry? page 5

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Dr Simeons felt that obese (women) would benefit from uninhibited sex. That this can work explains what a very crude acquaintance used to tell me "A dick in the mouth makes everyone feel better"
    Oral fixation does not mean what you think it means...
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    Oral fixation does not mean what you think it means...
    In Freudian psychoanalysis, the term oral stage (oral Fixation) denotes the first psychosexual development stage wherein the mouth of the infant is his or her primary erogenous zone. Spanning the life period from birth to the age of 21 months, the oral stage is the first of the five Freudian psychosexual development stages: (i) the Oral, (ii) the Anal, (iii) the Phallic, (iv) the Latent, and (v) the Genital.

Psychologically, Sigmund Freud (1856–1939) proposed that if the nursing child’s appetite were thwarted during any libidinal development stage, the anxiety would persist into adulthood as a neurosis (functional mental disorder).[2] Therefore, an infantile oral fixation (oral craving) would be manifest as an obsession with oral stimulation; yet, if weaned either too early or too late, the infant might fail in resolving the emotional conflicts of the oral, first stage of psychosexual development and he or she might develop a maladaptive oral fixation.

The infant who is neglected (insufficiently fed) or who is over-protected (over-fed) in the course of being nursed, might become an orally-fixated man or woman. Said oral-stage fixation might have two effects: (i) the neglected child might become a psychologically dependent adult continually seeking the oral stimulation denied in infancy, thereby becoming a manipulative person in fulfilling his or her needs, rather than maturing to independence; (ii) the over-protected child might resist maturation and return to dependence upon others in fulfilling his or her needs. Theoretically, oral-stage fixations are manifested as garrulousness, smoking, continual oral stimulus (eating, chewing objects), and alcoholism. Psychologically, the symptoms include a sarcastic, oral sadistic personality, nail biting, oral sexual practices (fellatio, cunnilingus, analingus, irrumatio), et cetera

hmmm, someone isnt studying hard enough.... methinks tisnt me
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Freud was revolutionary for the time but his theories are pretty much all considered garbage today.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Freud was revolutionary for the time but his theories are pretty much all considered garbage today.
    doesnt change the usage of the term
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andtckrtoo View Post
    I know someone else like that. She's about 50 pounds overweight but does not eat enough to keep someone 1/3 her size running. And I know her well enough to know that she's not just saying this. She truly does not care about food and rarely gets hungry. Because of this and massive alcohol consumption about 10 years ago, she has health problems that require a completely different relationship with food, and I've introduced her to the Primal way, emphasizing the fresh foods. It seems to be working for her, she's down 10 pounds already.

For me, I'm an emotional eater and when things are going wrong, I want sugar. If I give in (I'm learning alternative coping methods like yoga) then I'm in for a downward spiral. I also find that I can go pretty low calorie for several days, but then it comes back and bites me. I need to keep a steady 1600-2000 calories a day to lose weight and manage to keep it off (I'm 5'10). The weight loss is slow, but it is loss.
    I have similar emotional eating issues - when I am depressed or angry all I want is what I know I should not be eating. Sometimes it even triggers a binge that I feel like I do not wake up from for hours... Harder now after going crazy at the beginning of May while I was out of town trying to find jobs and having difficulty getting my traveling companion to understand that beignets (as fabulous as they were) were not a real breakfast and I needed food... we would end up eating fried gluten and sugar and then walking 5-10 miles on practically no food. By the time we ate dinner I was so hungry... As I was not footing the bill I did not feel comfortable demanding a different approach to our eating.
    A general +1 for Quelsen who often speaks brilliance... to
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Only a man would think that weaning age and compulsive over-eating have a psychological connection with felatio.

Freud had a very vivid imagination to make all these strange connections!
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345