Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Harper hit it on the head! page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

Bob Harper hit it on the head!

Shop Now
    So this guy from the show 'the biggest loser' has an article in 'Costco connection' for the month of June, and I thought it was hilarious when he mentioned this:

'grew up on a cattle farm and it was a lot of meat, vegetables and a lot of butter!....I had to reprogram how I ate and what I ate from how I used to eat."

That diet of his was horrible indeed! I'm glad he is teaching the rest of America to lay off the loads of butter and meat. This is definitely why we are getting fat. More whole grains!

I don't know why this stuff irritates me so much but all these celebrity trainers, cooks, etc etc, have such influence on so many people and yet have no idea what the hell they are talking about! I just wish I could see a debate between these people and someone like Mark Sisson or Robb Wolf.

I tell people grains are toxic and give them the science behind it and 99% of them look at me like I'm crazy and either say no, or 'everything in moderation.' I will now go smoke crack...in moderation of course

Sorry just had to vent tonight

Britt is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to go bleed myself with leeches... oh, don't worry! It's in moderation, it's cool.

The only thing I've ever heard that sounded stupider was a coworker who is a smoker say, "I'm going to take a break outside and get some fresh air while I have a smoke."

I feel ya.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I bet bob is in better shape than 95% of the people on this board. Maybe he isn't so stupid after all?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I have watched some of his kettlebell videos and it is clear he does not have a clue what he is doing with them.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    He sounds like the biggest loser to me
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    This is what bob says for "whats in" when it comes to eating:

"Lots of water at each meal; a real breakfast such as oatmeal, eggs or plain greek yogurt, doctored up with berries and nuts; apples and berries every day, along with other fibrous fruits such as asian peras, in certain quantities; protein at every meal and lots of fiber; and unlimited amounts of certain vegetables-though they must be prepared correctly (favorites are kale and broccoli).

Whats out: added sweeteners to drinks and foods; refined flours and grains; white potatoes loaded with fats; white rice; fast foods; high salt foods; and fried foods.

That sounds pretty good to me to be honest.

patrickh is offline Member
    Bob's famous because he's very good at one thing, and that's motivating people. Personally, I've never thought he looked all that fit considering he's a world famous trainer.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Bob has the narrow squinty eye face:
    bob-harper.jpg
    cropped_12188_1857_me.jpg

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    added sweeteners to drinks and foods; refined flours and grains; white potatoes loaded with fats; white rice; fast foods; high salt foods; and fried foods.
    Yeah... I think most people would do great to follow his advice.

I hate that show, but really what he is advocating seems very healthy. I'm not all that bought into whole grains are the devil- LOL, I'm just happy not to have to eat them. At least he isn't pimping fake foods and finds protein important.

Quote Originally Posted by red_leaf View Post
    I'm going to go bleed myself with leeches... oh, don't worry! It's in moderation, it's cool.
    Actually that coud be quite good for you, as they are used in operations and have a comeback in modern medicine. Just as the Maggot therapy that works realy well on chronic wounds, specialy on people with Diabethes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast