Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Harper hit it on the head! page 2

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They featured one of his workouts in Men's Fitness one month. There were a couple of decent exercises (power cleans), but the majority was kind of bullshit. I definitely think he motivates people to eat better foods and exercise more but his diet advice is a little misguided. I believe Bob is vegan and the thing about being vegan is, if you are strict and don't eat a lot of processed junk you're skinny and the world views that as healthy. IMO.

Off topic (kind of), I was just at Starbucks picking up a coffee and there was this group of people deciding from the pastries which ones they would eat. One of guy points to a blueberry muffin exclaiming "..that has too much sugar and will give me a stomach ache". I felt like saying "everything in that case is fucked" And it's probably not the sugar that gives you a stomach ache.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    This is what bob says for "whats in" when it comes to eating:

"Lots of water at each meal; a real breakfast such as oatmeal, eggs or plain greek yogurt, doctored up with berries and nuts; apples and berries every day, along with other fibrous fruits such as asian peras, in certain quantities; protein at every meal and lots of fiber; and unlimited amounts of certain vegetables-though they must be prepared correctly (favorites are kale and broccoli).

Whats out: added sweeteners to drinks and foods; refined flours and grains; white potatoes loaded with fats; white rice; fast foods; high salt foods; and fried foods.

That sounds pretty good to me to be honest.
    Sounds good to me too. Minus the oatmeal pretty much everything on that list is primal friendly . . . and if most people did nothing more than avoid the foods on the "out" list we'd probably be happier and healthier. (Though, fried food isn't all bad - just that most fried food is batter dipped and fried in omega-6 heavy fats - leave out the batter and use a healthy stable fat, then it's probably okay)
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Bob needs to make a trip to Sephora for some under eye cream.
    crazy-stupid-love_2401.jpg

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red_leaf View Post
    The only thing I've ever heard that sounded stupider was a coworker who is a smoker say, "I'm going to take a break outside and get some fresh air while I have a smoke."
    Hahaha! That actually made me laugh out loud with how pathetic it is.

As for Bob, I am wondering how he sees a person making sure they get lots of fiber in their diet as well.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

kungfumike is offline Senior Member
    What I don't get is... Why hasn't the CrossFit Paleo craze rubbed off on him as he has positioned himself in alliance with CF...

Very curious

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    According to wikipedia:

After reading the book Skinny Bitch, Harper became a vegetarian. In 2010, he then became a vegan for a year.[10][11] That same year, PETA voted him sexiest male vegetarian of the year.[12]

Harper stopped following a vegan diet in 2011 and now eats animal products again due to health reasons.

Yet another reformed Vegan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12