Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EvRev's Journal page

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member

EvRev's Journal

Primal Fuel
    At the moment this will be more fitness-focused and less eating-focused, simply because I'm in a transitional phase right now.

I like to focus a lot on movement, but my personal goals tend to have more pure, functional strength leanings. I look up to the old time strongmen. Many of them were capable of things almost no modern human can achieve. I want to reach that level, I want to become superhuman. My problem has always been consistency. I find, though, that when I have an online log, with others watching, There is a level of accountability that keeps me on my path. So, here it is. My journal

P.S. I may plug my blog here and there where my articles coincide with what I'm doing. It'll be worth a read
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

So I'm not entirely off grains yet, and I'm definitely not in any kind of balance. I just started working as a trainer and am finishing up my degree. My sleep schedule is erratic, my training has been erratic until the last couple weeks. Our next shopping trip will be the first return to fully Primal since we fell off the wagon over a year ago due to a lot of life changes and upheavals. The main driver of my decision to return to fully Primal has been the IBS symptoms and acid reflux that have been getting worse and worse over the course of the year. It's come to the point where, like Mark did long ago, I am getting debilitating IBS cramps that have actually caused me to double over in pain. Heartburn is almost bad enough to be considered GERD.

This time, there will be no falling off. My training is on track, I finally started working in my dream career, and soon my sleep schedule will even out a little more. Stress is going away, school is over soon...at this point I have no excuses. I will do this, and I will be successful. My goal may not be weight loss...at 7.7% body fat I have no weight to lose. In fact, when people see me they assume that I mus be in perfect health. If only they could spend a day in this body and feel what I feel...it's just as unhealthy as being overweight. I'm going to fix this. I'm going to become superhuman, inside and out!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Today was fairly easy...started off with some calf/hip flexor foam rolling and stretching, spent about 20 minutes doing sprint intervals, then rowed 2,000 meters. We finished off with some planks for time.

I had heartburn so severe that I had to pause multiple times during the sprints and rowing...I can't wait to be totally grain free again!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

I've decided two things...goals, rather. Next year, I want to compete on American Ninja Warrior and also the closest circuit of Girevoy Sport for the kettlebell swing. I have some programming to do!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

So today I had an 8 hour TRX certification course. MY CORE IS STILL ON FIRE. I've had some experience with the TRX (I got mine about six months ago), but I learned things today that I never would have thought of on my own, and I consider myself to be pretty creative when it comes to making up exercises. It's all just movements. That's what I care more about than anything else...teaching people to move better so they can stay mobile and healthy for the rest of their lives!

We spent about 4 of the 8 hours actually DOING the exercises...and I will be sore for the next four to eight weeks. It was a blast though! I'm so glad I could be a part of that course!

On the menu for tomorrow: Lots of hiking and moving around in nature
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EvRevFit View Post
    I've decided two things...goals, rather. Next year, I want to compete on American Ninja Warrior and also the closest circuit of Girevoy Sport for the kettlebell swing. I have some programming to do!
    ???? On the kettlebell swing for sport. That I'm aware of nobody does swing in a comp. At least none of the actual recognized organizations. You can choose biathlon, long cycle, jerk only, snatch only, and maybe a long cycle sprint, or chair press for fun.

Haha whoops, I meant Snatch. I just happened to be watching a swing video as I was typing. I use Girevoy-style swinging during my training, but I am actually training for the Snatch.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Yesterday:
    Heavy morning
    5x3 Single-arm Dumbbell Snatch @ 80#
    5x5 Front Squat @ 165
    5x5 Thick Bar Deadlifts @160 (sets 1 & 2 were sumo warmups @135)
    3x Thick Bar holds to failure
    3x5 Calf Raises @ +45#

-THEN-

Later in the afternoon
    TRX circuit - 2 rounds, 10 reps each, no rest
    -Pistol
    -Kettlebell Swing
    -Hamstring Curl + Hip Press
    -Kettlebell Swing
    -Median Row
    -Kettlebell Swing
    -Chest Press
    -Kettlebell Swing
    -Face Pull
    -Kettlebell Swing

Core Finisher:
    -Plank (1 min on, 30 sec off x5)
    -Pike Walks x10
    -Hanging Leg Raises 3x10

I know it's a lot, but I eat a LOT and train both by myself and with my fiance to keep her motivated. I listen to my body and only push so far before backing off or deloading...most of the time
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

KimT is offline Senior Member
    That makes sense. Wouldn't want you training for the wrong thing! Best of luck! I've competed several times, but I do long cycle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, high volume swings are part of my training anyway. Thanks! I may try my hand at long cycle too...I haven't decided yet.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast