Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EvRev's Journal page 3

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I forgot to add my goals.

Current KB Swing goals: Buildup to 500 consecutive swings with the 16kg, then buildup to 500 with the 24kg. This is a straight buildup phase. Once I reach these goals I'll start doing 4-8 week cycles.

My ultimate (for now) goal is to be able to swing the 16kg for an hour nonstop, complete 1,000 consecutive swings with the 24kg, 500 with the 32kg, and 100 with the 48kg.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Consider yourself watched.

Any particular strongman goals? Or are they just kettlebell related?

It definitely would be cool if you got on Ninja Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Consider yourself watched.

Any particular strongman goals? Or are they just kettlebell related?

It definitely would be cool if you got on Ninja Warrior.
    Kettlebells are only a part of my mission. I plan on getting up to (and beyond) 2x BW Squat, 3x BW Deadlift, 2x BW Pull-up, 1x BW Press, 2x BW Snatch, 1.5x BW Clean...and various other stuff like pressing a full keg, maybe barbell curling my bodyweight...oh, and Grip stuff...two-hands pinch deadlift at least 135, bend the IronMind Red nail, close the Captains of Crush #3 gripper...and that's really all I can think of right now without getting into a totally different set of bodyweight strength and Girevoy Sport goals...

I wouldn't even care if they didn't show my runs on TV...it would just be awesome to be able to challenge myself like that!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm a bit of a grip guy myself, so I'm all sorts of into those goals, like lifting the inch. Though, if you don't mind me asking:

1. Any interest in competing in grip contests?
    2. What are your current grip lift prs?

Eventually I'd like to. I'm a big fan of Jedd Johnson and want to go compete in his grip comp someday in the distant future.

I don't have many PRs right now, I'm just getting back into grip and don't have many tools yet. The one I'm proud of right now is a 90-lb two hands pinch lift (2x45's). I can also lever an 8lb. sledgehammer to my nose.

I plan on getting (and making) a ton of stuff soon though. CoC grippers, loading pins, farmer's walk handles, a blob or two, and some bending nails to start with. Maybe some tools for finger extension. I have Fat Gripz that I use to do thick bar work (a la Brooks Kubik).
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

I've accepted the 10 day, 10,000 kettlebell swing challenge, and I will be using the 24kg bell. I feel sorry for my already blistered hands. On the bright side, I did get some tape so I at least won't make them worse. The goal is 1,000 swings a day, any possible way I can get them in. I'll probably have some days of more and some of less. We shall see. This is my first test to becoming a god . Tomorrow I begin.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Today was Challenge Day 1. I started around noonish (I had left my bells at work, so I had to wait until I finished my morning sessions) with 500 swings. Between my two afternoon clients I did 300 more, and when I got home I finished up the last 200. Now I'm going to foam roll, stretch, feed, and hibernate. Tomorrow's deadlift day.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Totally not keeping up. I also wasn't sleeping well last week, which compounded the problem and led me to change the way I do my swings for this challenge. Now it's going to be a 14-day challenge, allowing me to have weekends to recover...mostly because I don't want to stop my lifting.

So today, so far I'm up to 700 swings. They feel easier, especially getting that hip thrust consistent and powerful in the later reps every set. That makes me happy. Who doesn't want a better hip thrust?

My heavy lifting was as follows:
    Squat - 45, 135, 235, 235, 235 (It was a REAL grind to get that 235 up on the last rep...s'been a while since I've gone that heavy and I MISSED IT SO MUCH...heh, right)
    Push Press - 45, 65, 115, 115, 115 (I've hit my stalling point on the Press, so I'm using the PP to keep from sticking too long)
    Weighted Pull-up - +35# - 5, 5, 5 reps

Leaving out all the usual extras to make the swings more bearable, but I'm keeping the heavy stuff dammit! I only technically have one more heavy day this week on top of my swings, so I think I'll survive. Maybe.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

1,000 swings today. Recovery seems to be getting faster and faster, which is pretty awesome. Tomorrow will be my Day 5...the halfway point!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Day 5 is complete and I've officially reached the halfway point at an even 5,000 swings. I was going to do some other stuff, but I was busy starting my marketing campaign and scouting suitable bootcamp locations.

I was very tempted to knock out some sprints at the parks I visited, but the heat is nearly unbearable and the trip was poorly planned...I had already chugged all my water...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast