Thread: Question from a new guy... page

jllundqu is offline Member

Question from a new guy...

So I am less than a month into paleo diet and PBF.

I am 178lbs, 5'11" and a little softer than I would like to be but I have already lost 10 pounds!

I am seeing a lot of posts about serious calorie counting, monitoring, testing, weighing, measuring, timing, etc.

Can I realistically expect to drop to my goal of 170 and get really lean without crazy counting calories and just sticking to 100% paleo diet and using the PBF progressions to include LHT x 2 days/wk, Move Slowly 3days/wk, Sprint 1day/week?

I just know that I am not the type of person to count grams/calories or eat at certain times or do BMI or BF% tests....neither were our Grok ancestors for that matter.

I want to eat right, when I'm hungry, workout hard and often, play as much as possible, and be lean and fit.

Thanks for suggestions and responses.
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I think so as long as you keep protein pretty high and throw in a good fast once a week, you will more than likely lean out relatively quickly. Also make sure you don't go too low on the carbs. Eat a sweat potato on lifting days etc...

otzi Guest
    When you stop seeing progress is when you have to try the advanced hacks (IF, cal/macro counting, cold, etc...)

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Can I realistically expect to drop to my goal of 170 and get really lean without crazy counting calories and just sticking to 100% paleo diet and using the PBF progressions to include LHT x 2 days/wk, Move Slowly 3days/wk, Sprint 1day/week?
    As long as you're not talking about insanely-low body fat, this is precisely the idea. All the counting shouldn't be necessary. Might take some time to "fix" your broken metabolism, or it might just happen super easily for you. That seems to vary greatly by individual.

jllundqu is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I noticed that about carbs. On lifting days I would get weak and my eyes would get dry, etc. I added half a sweet potato to my lunch and I'm 100% better.
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln