Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NY tries to ban large soda sales- gotta hear from my fellow Grokkers! page

Siren is offline Senior Member

NY tries to ban large soda sales- gotta hear from my fellow Grokkers!

Primal Fuel
    Last edited by Siren; 05-31-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Banning anything is bad in my opinion.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

While it may be unhealthy, banning something because it is deemed unhealthy is bad. We wouldn't be able to eat the way we do if we let governments do so.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I guess I will get my exercise when I walk up to the soda fountain to refill my coke a few times.

I'm with Goldsmith, banning is not the way to go.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Siren is offline Senior Member
    agreed. the minute the government starts telling us what we can and can't put into our bodies, the whole thing starts to... oh wait... lol

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    +1 for treating people like grown ups and letting them make their own decisions.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I hope this doesn't get implemented. But at the same time I like the publicity it's getting. People need to know refined sugar in high amounts is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    +1 for treating people like grown ups and letting them make their own decisions.
    But the government doesn't really like that. I mean, we are grownups compared to children, but it appears the government thinks we are their children.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    It's not a ban on the drinks, per se, it's a ban on the large size drinks. Not saying it's a good thing to start banning something people should be able to make their own choice on, though. I mean, if people want to spend their money on a 44 oz drink when they could spend less on a 20 oz drink and fill up as needed, then they should be allowed to be stupid.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Bloomberg had some really great mayoral moments during his first 2 legitimate terms, but with this weird shady third term he snuck in, he's really ruining his legacy. Banning the trans-fats in restaurants in NYC, that I was ok with, even though I'd rarely to never eat fried foods anyway, but this soda cap seems pointless and just a cheap way for him to grab some headlines for being a mayor who really cares about the common folk while he's shuttling between NYC and his weekend home in the bahamas.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast