Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: NY tries to ban large soda sales- gotta hear from my fellow Grokkers! page 12

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    The general public can't be saved, let them have Coke.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I'll have 15 White Castle sliders please, with onions and mustard, hold the pickles.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    15 White Castle sliders please
    That's probably less than 8 ounces of beef.

Hamburger of the future... The Bloomburger

"It actually looks like a real hamburger if you wear Japanese diet glasses." --Mayor Bloomberg

Japan 'diet glasses' fool wearers into eating less - Yahoo! News

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    That is the saddest burger I've ever seen.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    It's all bread, dude, seriously ain't worth the money they pay for it. I'll use that money to buy me some real meat.

Steak>Whitecastle any day.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Would anyone else like to join my moonshine/soda backwoods distillery operation when they ban soda in the Midwest? We could just use stevia. We could be flippin' rich! *chews on a piece of straw and gives squinty-eye

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    The vacuum fills back up, and the first thing that will cross Bloomberg's mind is, "They must be getting their fix from other cities!"

That is when he and his constituents start planning for a campaign at state level.
    Either that, or he builds a wall around New York. ;-)

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    So far, it only effects soda's you would get if you were served it (and maybe if you got it at a speedway store). They are not proposing to keep it out of grocery stores.

However, if they do go through with it, then they will see results. Some people will drink less soda at the avenues it is available, and when those statistics come in, Bloomberg will point to it and say "See?! IT IS EVIL!" He will then get very good support for anything further. He will be in a pickle though. He cannot just ban soda outright (CocaCola and Pepsi will be abducting him if he tries), so he will raise the taxes on it or even worse, require you to get it from behind a locked glass display.

Any step then further, will work, because people are lazy. Around this time, the people that switched from soda to diet soda or fruit juices, will start upping their intake, because it is "healthy." Bloomberg has what he wants, a relatively soda-free city. One problem though; his previously soda-addicted people are turning for the worse again, with any weight they lost coming back on. The vacuum fills back up, and the first thing that will cross Bloomberg's mind is, "They must be getting their fix from other cities!"

That is when he and his constituents start planning for a campaign at state level.

I am still waiting for Moonbeam to propose similar in California.
    LOL, reminds me of how Walgreens started carrying condoms in a locked case. It was supposed to be a theft deterrent, but I can imagine, for teens, it ends up as a deterrent against safe sex. Oh, they'll still do it, but not in any regulated sense. I'm imagining orgies of Big Gulp parties. LOL!!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast