Thread: Feedback on my recent blood work please page

eschneider5 is offline Junior Member

Feedback on my recent blood work please

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been Primal since January 2012 and I just got my blood done. After reading a bunch of these type of posts, I feel ok, but would appreciate any feedback on my results.

Total C- 268
    HDL- 62
    LDL- 186
    Trig- 101

tot/HDL- 4.3

Glucose- 83
    Vit D- 79

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I don't know a lot about the numbers. I know that 62 hdl is great.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Fasting or non-fasting? Trigs look a little high. Did you eat high carb in the 24 hours before the test? HDl is nice, glucose seems to be in check, could be a little lower. For sake of conversation, I would test again in 3 more months and ask for a VAP test for particle size. Hopefully that will show the 186 LDL is mostly light fluffy kind (good). Overall good, but should get better over time if you stick with the program.

eschneider5 is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Fasting or non-fasting? Trigs look a little high. Did you eat high carb in the 24 hours before the test? HDl is nice, glucose seems to be in check, could be a little lower. For sake of conversation, I would test again in 3 more months and ask for a VAP test for particle size. Hopefully that will show the 186 LDL is mostly light fluffy kind (good). Overall good, but should get better over time if you stick with the program.
    This was fasting for 12 hours, I had eaten Salmon the night before, i dont remember if I had veggies. Definitely no starchy carbs... Of course the Dr freaked out and started to mention statins. I calmly mentioned that the ratios looked good and the HDL was high, and Trigs were ok. She then asked to give me a NMR lipoprofile test in a month along with a C reactive protein test. We'll see how that comes out. I have taken several heart disease risk calculators and they all put me in the lowest risk category so I feel pretty comfortable with that. Thank you again for your feedback.