Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: No pretending to like tofu any more!: Eric's primal transformation page 20

en2ec is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been bad about posting my crossfit workouts.

I haven't worked out this week, though, because my workout on Saturday was freakin crazy, and I'm still sore. We did Helen meets Karen. I've since googled it, and some boxes simply add 50 wallball shots to each round of Helen. We did them separately with 5 minutes rest in between. I did ring rows for Helen instead of pull ups. I did Helen first and finished in 11:27. For Karen, I did 70 reps with a 6 kg (13.2 lb) ball and 80 reps with a 3 kg (6.6 lb) ball. I did them in sets: 30, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 with mini breaks of 5 to 8 seconds between sets. I finished in 7:15.

If you add my times together for Helen and Karen and then compare the total to the people from the 2 classes on Saturday, I came out 4th overall out of 19 people! I was 8th in Helen (running kills me) and 5th in Karen, yet 4th overall. Most people were gassed after their first one (we split the class, and half did Helen first and half did Karen first). But I was pretty consistent in both. I did Karen second, yet placed 5th, beating out quite a few who did Karen 1st.

I wonder how much of the consistency is thanks to being fat adapted. In any case, Karen killed my legs. It is now Tuesday, and I'm still sore. I was scheduled to go to crossfit yesterday, but the strength component was finding 5RM for thrusters, which is basically the same movement as wall ball shots. I think my 5RM yesterday was my bodyweight. I scheduled for today, but it was overhead squats. No thanks. Still too sore. Hopefully, my legs will be ready tomorrow.

Dragonette is offline Member
    Just read your whole journal and wanted to stop by and say hello and how much I enjoyed reading it :-)
    It has been amazing watching your transformation pictures and you look great, and so much happier. Well done !
    I am just really starting out though I have the diet ok its now trying to fit in exercise. I've just been for a 2 hr walk and feel loads better so its a start :-)
    I love your pics of food, quite inspiring me to be a bit more adventurous. Thanks :-)

Dragonette: That's so nice of you to say. I'm amazed that you read through it all. I'm glad that my experience can be helpful. I always intend to post more photos of food and of me, but I never seem to do it.

Do you have a journal too? I've found that it is a good way to keep me honest, though I go through periods where I don't write much.

A 2 hour walk is a great start. I think if you are really starting out at ground zero on fitness, the primal blueprint fitness is a great way to go. Another good option that I did for a while is You Are Your Own Gym. As always, food is the most important thing to get right, but if you are doing well with what you're eating, you'll have the energy to gradually do more and more exercise.

When I started out, I had difficulty getting up off the couch. Now I'm addicted to crossfit. It takes a bit of time and dedication, but you can dramatically improve your fitness.

I haven't been writing in my journal lately. For one, there isn't a lot to add in terms of my health, weight, and exercise. My weight has frustratingly been hovering between 203 and 205. If anything, I think I've gained some fat since joining crossfit. But I really like it, and I think I feel better going to crossfit. So I'm sticking with it. Nothing new with my health. The other reason I haven't written in a while is that we went to the US to do some job networking, and my wife has now been offered a job. We're moving to Durham, NC!

One of the things I'll miss from Vienna is the bauchspeck or bacon. The really good stuff is very firm and dry with a really strong smoke flavor. I don't think you can get bacon like that in the US. I don't eat a lot of dairy, but I will miss the phenomenal dairy products available here. On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to getting good Mexican food again! And good barbecue! And being able to buy vegetables other than lettuce, cabbage, zucchini, onion, tomato and carrots. And Whole Foods! And farmer's markets and CSAs. And chipotle.

DoraV is offline Member
    Great to see you back Eric. And congrats on moving back to the US (I think, lol).
    F 44 5'5"
    SW 177
    CW 152
    GW 136

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920