Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Down 50 lbs and 6.9% BMI (3/28 -- 5/31) Yay me! page

jak757 is offline Member

Down 50 lbs and 6.9% BMI (3/28 -- 5/31) Yay me!

Primal Fuel
    I've been living Primal since 1/3/12. No sugar, no grains, no legumes. And no processed foods. I started feeling pretty good after a week or so. I know I was losing weight -- clothes were fitting better, some extra energy.

No real idea how much I was losing -- at that point I was beyond the capacity of the scales available to me (they top out at 400 lbs). I was eating right, exercising, experiencing some results -- but unable to track, and I was feeling like I "should be" losing more.

In mid to late March, I made some adjustments. Cut out all nuts. Dropped the half and half from my coffee. Started doing some IF'ing. And another thing -- I started using Fit Day to track my eating, activities, and soon to come, my weight. Now, I know that many will say that going Primal means you don't need to count calories. I get it, I believe it. Yet for me, measuring and weighing what I was eating helped me see more clearly that while eating Primal, I was eating more than I needed, and enough to slow my weight loss.

So I started the tinkering...eating less. Feeling Great! Amazed that I could be so satisfied eating less food (the right food!). I couldn't believe that I could go 24 hours without eating! What a concept to me!! Now, I regularly fast from dinner Friday to dinner Saturday. And the other days I find myself eating twice a day. Some people find it hard to believe when I tell them I do not go hungry. Twice a day, that's it. When it's dinner time, sure, I am ready to eat. But I'm not "starving" (like I used to feel before eating SAD).

This morning, as I weighed myself, and then entered my data in Fit Day, I was so pleased to see that since 3/28/12 (the first day my weight would register on the scale -- at 400 lbs), I'm down 50 lbs! My BMI on 3/28/12 was 55.79...this morning I am at 48.81 -- 6.91% difference.

I still have a long way to go. Hell, I have a good sized person still to lose -- my goal is to get to 200 lbs -- and I WILL get there! And most importantly, stay there (or who knows, maybe lower!).

I read these forums daily. Your words of wisdom and your experience have helped sustain me in many ways. I wanted to share this milestone, in part 'cuz hell, I'm proud of it! And in hopes of inspiring someone just as I have been. If I can do it...YOU can do it too!

More updates to come....

John K.
    Ohio

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Awesome progress.

WolfPA is offline Junior Member

Awesome

Congrats on your progress and results to date.

donlumber is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations! you're doing great!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! Sounds like you've added both quality AND quantity to your life. Keep up the good work!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! Congrats on the progress, but also kudos to you for recognizing the need to make adjustments and follow through. I think that is the hard part for everyone.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

soon2beslinky is offline Junior Member
    That is fabulous, congrats to you and thanks for sharing onwards and downwards

TStreich is offline Junior Member
    Congrats! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the good work!!
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    How wonderful.. Big pat on the back!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast