Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I sleep better in a light room instead of a very dark room? page 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If you sleep better with some light, and you've tried it, don't let a bunch of people on the internet tell you otherwise. Do what puts you to sleep.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

I tend to sleep best in the dark, but I think most of it is how tired I am. Days in the past when I have only gotten 3 or 4 hours of sleep I could easily take a nap in the bright of day, but if I have decent sleep (7+hrs), a nap is nearly impossible. I think the light is more so the artificial light. Moonlight, campfires... I want to try sleeping with a window open to let in the light (stars/moon) in because the street lamp is at the front of the house, not the back where my window is, but I move into an apartment in AUG so I doubt it would be a long term thing. Artificial light, for me, is a killer.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    i need pitch black darkness. i wear a sleep mask any crack of light disturbs me greatly. that's great you can sleep with light coming in--im very jealous

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    If you sleep better with some light, and you've tried it, don't let a bunch of people on the internet tell you otherwise. Do what puts you to sleep.
    What he said.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    yeh, I cannot sleep with the tv on or the light from the tv though lol just whatever light comes from outside i guess
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Kiwi-grok is offline Junior Member

sleeping in the light

Ive just starting a job where I work 3pm - 3am and its totally messing with my body clock! I hate having to sleep during the day. Especially when its a great day outside, I need to get some black drapes I think. I have gotten used to sleeping where its really dark and quiet, so I guess you just used to sleeping in the light. It takes a while to adjust to change. (sometimes you just never adjust) just do whatever you need to do to get a good nights rest I reckon. I wish I could have more right now, I feel like such a waste of space being so tired. Any advice on how to adjust to night working? I still wanna have energy when I get up to do something!!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I slep very soundly during the day if I have the opportunity. I find I wake up feeling better and more rested. It doesn't happen often, I don't get the chance with life being busy, but I do like a good daytime sleep at least once a month.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    I sleep with the window open and the blinds up.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Ive just starting a job where I work 3pm - 3am and its totally messing with my body clock! I hate having to sleep during the day. Especially when its a great day outside, I need to get some black drapes I think. I have gotten used to sleeping where its really dark and quiet, so I guess you just used to sleeping in the light. It takes a while to adjust to change. (sometimes you just never adjust) just do whatever you need to do to get a good nights rest I reckon. I wish I could have more right now, I feel like such a waste of space being so tired. Any advice on how to adjust to night working? I still wanna have energy when I get up to do something!!
    so what hours do you actually have to sleep? Yeh I have known people who work crazy hours and it really is very difficult to force your body to get used to that type of sleeping schedule. what hours would you be able to do something during the day?? How doe sit affect your stress/ eating/hunger schedules? I would never be able to work nights or odd hours I don't think.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

I have no problem with darkness, it's dead silence that prevents me from sleeping. My mind starts doing wind sprints, and all the great teeth grinding and various other wonderful noises that the wife makes while sleeping triggers my misophonia. For that reason I always need the tv on to fall asleep just for background noise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast