Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuses people make page

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member

Excuses people make

Shop Now
    When you loose 55lbs of fat and your fiance goes from a 16 to a 6 people ask allot of questions.....I then answer them and get immediate excuses as follows:

"I can't give up bread"......
    "I cant give up pasta"......
    "I can't give up sugar"......
    "I can't give up pizza"......
    "I'm a vegetarian".....

I usually respond with...."instead of pasta I just eat a really nice steak", or "I have something better than a pizza...called a meatza" etc

I am having a really hard time not saying...."it's all good just stay fat....what?....you asked how I did it!"

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Those are the same excuses I hear as well. What I really hate is when people ask "what CAN you eat" in a smart ass way. I have also wanted to say the same thing. LOL

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    As crazy as it sounds, not everyone puts health to the highest of virtues. You can write out a perfect step by step guide to improve health, and there will always be those who lack motivation. And in the end, it's their choice what they do and don't do.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Lately I have been thinking about the role of choice in our lives. For years I let fatigue control me and believed that I needed to ride it out. After seven years of riding it out it hit me like a ton of bricks that I was choosing to remain miserable. The hard part is that once we make the decision to really change how we live no fairy godmother shows up and waves her magic instantly healthy wand. We have to WORK. So, our pizza eating friends aren't ready for healthy work. The hardest part is watching people who think eating steaks is a yucky choice lose their choices in life. My unhealthy mother was just here for a week, so this is in the front of my mind right now. Sorry!

I am with you on wanting to snark at people. Honestly! (shakes head and mutters at the chubby littles muggles)

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Just tell 'em how you did it (as you have) and if/when they sputter and complain, shrug and say, "Keep doing what you're doing, then. I'm sure reality will shift to accommodate you and you'll wake up one day looking amazing. That's how it works, right?" and then change the subject.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Them: "I can't give up . . . ."
    Me: "Yeah, it's hard."

I have never been able to do the little trick of deciding intellectually how I should feel and convincing myself I do feel that way. I can and have given up those things. No problem. But I'm not going to say "Oh, I just eat the filling out of sandwiches and throw the bread away. No problem." Well, actually it pisses me off to buy a burger with a good bun and not eat it. Meatza - not served at Round Table. Not fun to eat salad bar salad while everyone else is stuffing their face with pizza. I curse primal every day, and give thanks for it.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    One of the most common excuses that i hear are that "I dont' have time to exercise and cook like that" but oddly enough, these same people manage to find time to watch TV in the evenings, stop by the fastfood places for dinner and go to appointments with doctors to treat their CW induced medical conditions.

And what is really sad is that I hear these excuses from the people that are the closest to me.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Just say "Yeah...I guess" without a further response. Don't support their excuses out of politeness.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    One of the most common excuses that i hear are that "I dont' have time to .......cook like that" .
    THAT one really amuses me, I can cook a nutritious steak and serve with a huge salad in less time than they can sit in their car and wait for the brown paper bag delivery. Trust me.

Maybe its really about the fact that they can't be arsed washing up afterwards and would prefer to fill up the land fill with their polystyrene boxes and wrappers?
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I made those excuses... for a long time.

I did not realize how easy giving up grains would be, and how easy it was to procure humane meats. I still have not succeeded in eliminating sugar. I never ever thought I would prefer a bunless burger with some onions and mushrooms over a pizza. So yeah, it can be a stretch until people try it.

It is pretty hard to fathom eliminating 90% of what is at a grocery store from your diet, especially when it has been pounded into your head that grains are healthy.

And congrats to you and your wife!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast