Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excuses people make page 3

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by amdws1234 View Post
    I usually go with... "there isn't a pie/cake/(insert shitty food of choice) in the world that trumps how good I feel every single day not eating it."

That usually shuts them up.
    I usually go with the old ........"you don't put diesel in a Ferrari" *smug*
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    They also have a lot of help from the media that keeps telling them they don't have to give up grains.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Were you not ever guilty of those excuses... or others? You can't make anyone SEE, they have to work it out for themselves. Concentrate on you, forget about other people.
    Yes thank you. And the funny thing is that there are so many posts from people on this BB about:
    1. Feeling like crap following primal.
    2. Not able to resist cheats.

Mostly when I read these posts I imagine the posters to be like the smug vegans I used to know who just "had no need for dairy or meat as tofu and veggies kept them full satisfied.... yum as good as steak you weak meateater"

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post

I am having a really hard time not saying...."it's all good just stay fat....what?....you asked how I did it!"
    lol! i like to leave it at "it's all good".

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that irritates me is when people comment on how healthy/fit I look, and then ask at the next breath: "Are you a vegetarian?"
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    I usually go with the old ........"you don't put diesel in a Ferrari" *smug*
    I LOVE this. Totally stealing that! </elitism>

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by friesonmyburger View Post
    I still get mocked with "how's that fruity hippy caveman diet thingy going"?.
    Oh, wow. I must have some awesome friends then, because through our collective various diet choices through the years, I have never gotten anything remotely like that one (or given, it either).

A thought popped into my head when I read you: a long time ago I bought the Bill Phillips book Body for Life. It was the first (well, only) time I had ever purchased anything bodybuilding-related ever. I found a video at the library that went with. And one portion I remember clearly to this day is this - in the post-contest interviews the wife of one of the original 10 Body for Life contestants was holding the "after" shirtless photo of her husband, and said that her own best friend gave her the photo right back and said that she couldn't look at it because she didn't want to have lustful thoughts about her best friend's husband...

I can imagine you and your wife, both trim and ripply... a little accidental shirt-hiking happening... as you say something totally cool-headed like, "very well, thank you"...

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Just workout is what I hear a lot. Um, I exercise more than anyone I know and always have.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    The only thing that irritates me is when people comment on how healthy/fit I look, and then ask at the next breath: "Are you a vegetarian?"
    I get this all the time where I work...I just smile and politely say, "Do I look like a vegetarian"?

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I also get the exercise question allot my answer is "less than you think....twice a week I lift four about an hr." Along with "I also walk and do sprints every so often"

Response is "you should be running more...at least three times a week" says the skinny fat girl, and the guy with no legs and back says "you need to lift 4-5 days a week hitting different body parts"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast