Thread: Bloating page

L.C. is offline Junior Member

Bloating

Primal Fuel
    Hi

I've been primal for 4 weeks now. I eat a bit of dairy in the way of full fat milk and natural yoghurt (ingredients milk and probiotic's). Eating nuts every so often, and have a bit of honey when I feel like something sweet. Other than that, loving on the bacon and eggs, eye filet steak, lamb, fish, lots of good fats and veggies.

Lost a little bit of weight, but really noticed bloating in my face and at night around my ankles...any thoughts or suggestions on this one?

Thanks

Licorice is offline Junior Member
    Hey! Have you tried eliminating dairy altogether? That would be the first thing I'd try. I got bloated around my belly after I ate dairy- and it was always full fat milk/greek yoghurt. Right now I am staying off cream and butter as well to see how I feel (and if it helps me lose weight).
    Bloating can also be related to your menstrual cycle (if you are female , the weather and travelling/changing countries. Think through other things in your life that may be different.
    Try and take note if you get bloated everyday or just once in a while etc.
    BTW bloating in face and ankles really makes me think pregnancy but I am assuming you would have stated you were pregnant if you are.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Could be any number of things. Are you drinking plenty of water? Eating a potential allergen? Drink alcohol?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Hi Licorice

...ummm Licorice! That's something I miss.

Good call on the dairy, I've been hesitant to let it go as it's my fave food. I'm female, not pregnant...could be my cycle - will start tracking symptoms along side it.

Thanks for your post will skip the dairy and see how I get on.

Hi Tradawg

I'm drinking more water than normal. Not sure on the allergen (will see how I get on without dairy) and oh yes, I do looove a good drop of red, but in the last week i've only had 1 glass.

Will keep looking online, I might be low in something with the change of diet? Anyhoo, thanks for posting.

Licorice is offline Junior Member
    Haha. I actually hate licorice I chose that name when I was getting frustrated that all other names I came up with were taken. I can really understand your attachment to dairy. I've been having a yoghurt for breakfast for years and I did not want to give that up when I went Primal. Eventually I decided to give going dairy-free a go since I was (am) not losing weight and I felt so much better. I now can not eat yoghurt for breakfast as it really does not feel substantial and it makes me feel bloated and I laugh when I think back to how attached I was to it. Milk in my coffee is something I do still miss and allow myself once in a while but if I get too generous with the milk I get the heavy feeling again. Good luck with it! Give it at least 2 weeks if you can last that out.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. View Post
    Hi

I've been primal for 4 weeks now. I eat a bit of dairy in the way of full fat milk and natural yoghurt (ingredients milk and probiotic's). Eating nuts every so often, and have a bit of honey when I feel like something sweet. Other than that, loving on the bacon and eggs, eye filet steak, lamb, fish, lots of good fats and veggies.

Lost a little bit of weight, but really noticed bloating in my face and at night around my ankles...any thoughts or suggestions on this one?

Thanks
    Hi LC. The minute I became gluten free, the bloating stopped...period. You're not sneaking in some grains here and there are you?
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison