Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo hot sauce page

LUNN 1 is offline Junior Member

Cool Paleo hot sauce

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, I have recently restarted my Paleo lifestyle after falling of the wagon for a time. I am wondering if any one out there has any primal recipes for hot sauce? I need something with a kick to complement the chicken wings. Cheers!

Metric is offline Senior Member

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Frank's Red Hot is my favorite hot sauce. Combine it with butter and you have a most excellent wing sauce.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I've been making my own hot sauce ever since I went raw vegan. I think my recipe is probably paleo. I buy dried peppers at my spice store... I buy a big bag of chiles de arbol, and a small bag of chipotles. I soak them both in filtered water overnight. In the morning, I pull the soaked peppers apart to remove the seeds (I don't worry about getting all of them, just most). Then I throw them all in the vitamix. I also throw in a clove or two of garlic, a couple or three dates, some vinegar (maybe 1/4 cup?), salt, and water (maybe a cup or two, depending how many peppers), and blend it all up. Take a tiny taste just to make sure you like the basic flavor, but know that it will take a couple of days for the whole flavor to come together.

Line a bowl with a double layer of cheesecloth (or nut milk bags work great too), and pour the blended concoction into it. Put on a pair of disposable gloves, and then just start massaging and squeezing the mixture until all of the hot sauce drips out into the bowl (discard the leftover pulp). Pour it into a bottle or jar, and throw into your fridge. The flavors seem to develop after about 2 days in the fridge, and the stuff lasts forever.

My husband will not eat any other hot sauce now.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    That sounds awesome. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    That sounds awesome. o_o
    Some nice recipes! Thanks.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Frank's Red Hot is my favorite hot sauce. Combine it with butter and you have a most excellent wing sauce.
    OMG equal parts Kerrygold, Frank's, and Sri Racha = party in my face, everyone's invited

KatieCHI is offline Member
    I mix Kerrygold with the Trader Joe's Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce. So good!

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    OMG equal parts Kerrygold, Frank's, and Sri Racha = party in my face, everyone's invited
    What's up Carlh, what is Sri Racha? Never heard of it but it sounds interesting!!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNN 1 View Post
    What's up Carlh, what is Sri Racha? Never heard of it but it sounds interesting!!
    Sriracha, aka "chicken sauce", "fiery cock juice", "molten deliciousness" is a great condiment. You know how Frank's Red Hot is mild/moderately spicy and very salty? Sriracha is moderate/very spicy and way less salty, but with a good smoky robust flavor.

Teh funny: Dear Sriracha Rooster Sauce - The Oatmeal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast