So, I decided to try making a green curry sauce from scratch, and I can't believe how great it turned out. Here's a pic of some of the ingredients I used:
IMG_2281.jpg

I just kind of threw it all together in the vitamix and blended it up, then strained it to get out the inedible pieces. I will serve it later over some steamed broccoli and other veggies and grilled halibut.

Here are the rough quantities I ended up using:
- 2 stalks lemongrass (just pull off the outer layers and chop into 3 inch pieces or so.
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric (trim the skin off)
- about half the piece of ginger you see in the pic (also trim the skin off)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (if you leave the seeds in, it will be a lot spicier)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (just float it in a bowl of water to get all the sand off, then give it a rinse)
- a couple of tablespoons of kaffir lime leaves
- 110 grams of coconut meat (which worked out to be the meat from about one coconut)
- 2 cups of fresh coconut water (just about the amount you'd get out of one coconut)
- 20 grams cashews

Just throw everything into your vitamix and blend on high for a short while, until you can see that it's all creamy and well blended. If you don't have a vitamix, you can probably use any good blender, it just probably won't get everything ground up quite as finely.

Then put a strainer over a bowl and pour the mixture into the strainer. Use a spoon to scrape it around inside the strainer to get it all to go through. You'll be left with a ball of fiber that you can just pitch in the trash (it's the remnants of the lemongrass, tomato seeds, etc.. stuff you wouldn't wanna eat).

Then you can use the sauce just like you would any curry sauce. Mine tastes so good that I don't even think I'm going to cook it, i'll just pour it over some steamed veggies & grilled fish.

Hope you enjoy it if you're able to try it!