Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six pack abs for women? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Six pack abs for women?

Right now I am pregnant, so don't freak out at my ticker below....I'm looking ahead for after the pregnancy. I really want to get in the best shape of my life. However, as much as I want six pack abs eventually and know what is required eating-wise to get them, can anyone tell me about what you sacrifice health-wise if anything? I've heard of women losing their fertility by getting beneath a certain body percentage...is that required for six pack abs? I do plan on having another baby or two before we're "done", but I'm spacing them apart. And I'm not saying I would even keep the abs if I got them....I just want them for a little while lol. However, if I will be sacrificing my fertility for them then it's probably not worth it at this time. What's been your experiences? Thanks!

Bioletti is offline Member
    Just my humble opinion but I don't find women with washboard stomachs sexy or desirable, even more if they're ultra-muscular like that Biggest Loser woman. Most 'men' I've talked to tend to voice this a lot in private.

Now if you're talking about Christina Hendricks...phew, my heart's breaking my ribcage!!!
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Abs are made in the kitchen...

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Just my humble opinion but I don't find women with washboard stomachs sexy or desirable, even more if they're ultra-muscular like that Biggest Loser woman. Most 'men' I've talked to tend to voice this a lot in private.
    +1

Picaro is offline Member
    Although you didnt ask for anyones personal reaction to your plans, I think its a great goal to set yourself after pregnancy.

Being a Primal lifestyler, I guess you are planning to breastfeed, so you might want to check on how the six pack protocol would affect that. but after the breastfeeding would probably be soon enough anyhow.

PS...fit, toned women can look darn sexy.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Although you didnt ask for anyones personal reaction to your plans, I think its a great goal to set yourself after pregnancy.

Being a Primal lifestyler, I guess you are planning to breastfeed, so you might want to check on how the six pack protocol would affect that. but after the breastfeeding would probably be soon enough anyhow.

PS...fit, toned women can look darn sexy.
    Great point. Breastfeeding is way, way more important than a six-pack. Obviously, if you can do both, great. But it may come down to a choice, and if it does, I hope you choose breastfeeding for the full recommended term.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I, too, would recommend making breastfeeding a priority and not worrying at all about serious weight loss until after that's done. That being said, I don't know if I would call what I have a six-pack... maybe a four-pack. I definitely have toned abs and pretty good muscle definition, and my period is clockwork regular. You should not have to give up anything health-wise to look great naked. If it comes down to a choice between the two, your health is more important. Just my humble opinion, as a fellow woman and mother.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I've never given birth/breastfed, but I did lose a ton (well, 80 lbs) of weight, so I have a small amount of loose skin and can thus at least relate to the potential issue of loose tummy skin post-baby. I know everyone says abs are made in the kitchen, but I have to say that as I lost weight, my abs showed NO MATTER what I ate. As long as I'm not packing on weight, they always show, although if I eat paleo, they pop a bit more.
    I think I originally built up my abs by doing weighted crunches on a decline bench. I'd start with a 10-lbs plate til failure, then eventually I went up to 20 lbs.
    Then I kind of took a hiatus from training and now I do Crossfit. Crossfit has also helped tremendously in bringing them out.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    LMAO, exactly my thoughts as I read the above comments. Thank you, the anonymous men of internet for informing us what YOU (and thus, by extension, obviously EVERY SINGLE MALE OUT THERE) consider attractive vs. unattractive. No one cares. Chick wants abs for herself.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Chick wants abs for herself.
    Amen sister
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast