Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six pack abs for women? page 2

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    If you want a flat stomach with a '4 pack' then you can have that while breastfeeding and recovering from the birth. And you will look slim and lovely to most people's eyes. (I can see myself being like this when I have lost a lot of weight and started procreating!)

If you want a '6 pack' it will take a little less calories so possibly you wouldn't be able to breastfeed well, but you will still have good fertility. You will look hot to some people and others might say you're too skinny. (this is personally how I would like to look, but I wouldn't expect to achieve it while breastfeeding).

If you want to have an '8 pack' and veins sticking out like a professional body-builder, then your fertility might be in danger. You can certainly do this healthily as long as your body fat % doesn't go crazily low, but I wouldn't say it was a wise thing to do until after you're done having kids. (I personally think this look is kinda cool and admirable, but it's not for me!)

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Also I imagine the fertility-abs link will vary among people... probably has to do with an individual's body fat distribution (or current calorie intake?), but I had female-health problems at the '4 pack' stage.

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    If you want a flat stomach with a '4 pack' then you can have that while breastfeeding and recovering from the birth. And you will look slim and lovely to most people's eyes. (I can see myself being like this when I have lost a lot of weight and started procreating!)

If you want a '6 pack' it will take a little less calories so possibly you wouldn't be able to breastfeed well, but you will still have good fertility. You will look hot to some people and others might say you're too skinny. (this is personally how I would like to look, but I wouldn't expect to achieve it while breastfeeding).

If you want to have an '8 pack' and veins sticking out like a professional body-builder, then your fertility might be in danger. You can certainly do this healthily as long as your body fat % doesn't go crazily low, but I wouldn't say it was a wise thing to do until after you're done having kids. (I personally think this look is kinda cool and admirable, but it's not for me!)
    Awesome....I'd be completely happy with a 4-pack until I got through breastfeeding. I am planning on doing that for as long as I can (1-2yrs). I did lose my cycle before when I got down to 120lbs and 20.9%BF (by scale, not accurate I know), but I wasn't doing things properly. No one knew about the iodine supplementation back then and once I added it everything came back. Also, I wasn't weight training very much but was reducing food....vicious cycle. I plan on definitely eating "enough" after giving birth but adding lots of bodyweight exercises to get myself into tip top shape.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    LMAO, exactly my thoughts as I read the above comments. Thank you, the anonymous men of internet for informing us what YOU (and thus, by extension, obviously EVERY SINGLE MALE OUT THERE) consider attractive vs. unattractive. No one cares. Chick wants abs for herself.
    +1

Anyways, OP. There are many women in fitness that have gotten pregnant after competitions etc. I think it's just a matter of having to add on some body fat when you are thinking about getting pregnant again.

I found this: Based on current information, a woman must have a minimum percent body fat of 13-17% for regular menstruation. If a woman's percent body fat is too low, her periods may stop and she may experience infertility. Her menstrual irregularities may also compromise the health of her bones, normal hormonal function is necessary for bone health. (Can't confirm if it is true: Everything You Want to Know About Body Fat)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12