Thread: BBS beginner page

EncinoMan is offline Junior Member

BBS beginner

Ive been reading a lot about Body By Science and have been seriously thinking about trying it for a couple weeks. Today I did my first "Big Five" workout and I had a hard time taking some of the exercises to true failure (instead of just fatigue). I know its likely that I need more practice at it, but only doing it once a week it seems like it would take quite a while to perfect. I had the most trouble on my overhead press and rows.

Any tips from experienced BBSers for someone just starting out.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EncinoMan View Post
    Ive been reading a lot about Body By Science and have been seriously thinking about trying it for a couple weeks. Today I did my first "Big Five" workout and I had a hard time taking some of the exercises to true failure (instead of just fatigue). I know its likely that I need more practice at it, but only doing it once a week it seems like it would take quite a while to perfect. I had the most trouble on my overhead press and rows.

Any tips from experienced BBSers for someone just starting out.
    Wear a heart rate monitor to help you determine how hard you are working. Don't use exaggerated ranges of motion that put you into insufficiencies. You want to be at maximal effort where the muscle is at peak torque.